"Discover Scuba" options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello..

Trying to find a place to do a discover scuba course on preferably the North Island but would also be willing to hear about places on the South Island. We are beginners and not yet certified- we probably only want to scuba 1 day, and it seems expensive to get certified in the US to only scuba 1 day- over $400 where we live. Having a hard time finding places that do the discover scuba course on google. Help!

Thanks!

Andrea

Also Im looking for a chance to do the learning in the pool and then an actual dive... I've done discover scuba twice before- in Jamaica and Hawaii- and that is what was included both times. Several of the NZ discover scuba courses I've come across are JUST the pool. Wheres the fun in that?

Don't know about NZ, but taking a certification class will at some point be cheaper than doing Discover Scuba repeatedly, plus you'll learn much more and generally be able to do much better dives.

Discover Scuba tends to be the pool only thing in places where conditions are (not) warm and very benign. I'm thinking that is more true in NZ than in say the Caribbean, and may be why you're not finding what you're looking for.

Last edited:
Hello..

Trying to find a place to do a discover scuba course on preferably the North Island but would also be willing to hear about places on the South Island. We are beginners and not yet certified- we probably only want to scuba 1 day, and it seems expensive to get certified in the US to only scuba 1 day- over $400 where we live. Having a hard time finding places that do the discover scuba course on google. Help!

Thanks!

Andrea
Of course we do ocean dives with our Discover Scubas! but its also true that its probably time you did a course?
When are you thinking of coming out to New Zealand?

Dive! Tutukaka run their courses around the Poor Knights Islands on their day dive trips.
You could also head up to the Bay of Islands.

+ 2 for the Dive Tuts option. +1 for the BOI option.

I think once you have done a proper scuba course you will do more than just 1 dive! It will become an obsession :acclaim:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom