Discover Scuba dives in Los Cabos...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laserjock

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I are considering taking classes to get our OW certification, and since we are spending a week in Los Cabos in early July we thought we might try one of the Discover Scuba dives to get our first taste.

I was considering either Deep Blue or Blue Adventures dive shops for the Discover Scuba dive.

Does anyone have any comments on either of these dive shops with regard to which one you would recommend?

Thanks in advance...

Alan

I can't comment on either operator since I haven't dived with them. My son just did a Discover SCUBA down there and from his description of it, I felt like suing the operator. The instructor led the group but got out of sight of them several times. He left my son at depth while the instructor took another participant up to the surface. Hopefully that is not typical of the other operators there.

I have dived Cabo several times. There is a lot of boat traffic in the area many of the dives occur (such as Pelican Rock). It was a bit unnerving for me even as a very experienced diver. I just don't like hearing outboards above my head (or inboards either!).

I read a copy of the los Cabos News issue#303 and on the cover was a story about the new regulations for all water sport operators that is going to enforced by port Capt. API. The Mexican Navy And CONANP.This started this in June.The cabo San Lucas Bay is also a National Park now with no more Fishing allowed.
On my last trip Down to Cabo my good friend Tom did a discover Dive At Peligan Rock. They started in 8 feet on water near the shore this made it real easy bucause the water was calm and clear.There were lots of tropical fish around so I had a great time also.We dove with Baja Dive Nice boat 40 feet with full hard top and all safty gear Co2 first aid kit. contact www.baja-dive.net or cooldiver2@ yahoo.com

I have conflicting thoughts about Discover Scuba Classes. Becky and me took one in Cabo back in '99 and didn't feel comfortable. Too little instruction, and felt we were pushed to fast. Get a shop that is willing to spend the time with you out of the water. One thought, is to get with a LDS and have them do some work with in their pool before you go to Cabo.

I am just not a big fan of strapping a bunch of strange gear on someone and dropping them in open water with minimal training.

Point well taken....I am definitely more conservative when it comes to safety, so I appreciate the input from more seasoned divers on the board.

The wife and I both did our very first dive in Cabo San Lucas. We did the Discover Scuba Diving with a friend that lives there. He was very informative and very safety concious. I would highly recommend using him for any diving. He has a web site -- Caboticket.com - That's the ticket!
Once we went down under, We were hooked right from the get go... we are now just waiting to finish our open water dives and will be back again in October and the water is the warmest then... Can't wait.

Tom and Kim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom