Disassembling Magicshine MJ-876/878 dive light. And a bit MJ-810e.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My small project of replacing the LED in my Magicshine mj 878 is unfortunately showing to surpass my electronics skills. If anyone would mind to help me in regards to exactly which LED I should buy I would be very grateful. I can't seem to find any boards with the thermister mentioned above.
Sorry for my continued helplessness

I tell you name of original led die, so what is problem ? If you dont get it I can sell you after 15.8 because I'm on wacation .some other led should need adaptation of measuring shunt on driver for lower current or you need complete service on your lamp ?

Hi guys
Just to continue on the Magicshine refurb track, I have just had success with changing the magnet, but the torch LED seems to have gotten a black spot in the middle of the beam and doesn’t seem to have the same power as previous. Can the SST-90 get bad sectors?
If looking (very shortly) into the beam, it seems like it only is lit on two edges and not the complete LED.
Doesn’t a LED only have live and dead and not a deterioration over time?
Has anybody had the same issue?

The torch was one of my first torches and would like to keep it.

Many thanks for the people that do the effort of entering their unofficial manuals for the rest of us to enjoy - you’re live savers👌

Attachments

• BEEAD3F1-96E1-477C-99DE-1C0EB9A731DE.jpeg
    BEEAD3F1-96E1-477C-99DE-1C0EB9A731DE.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 0D3EFF11-D21C-4F86-91BB-C987BBE0CDB4.jpeg
    0D3EFF11-D21C-4F86-91BB-C987BBE0CDB4.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 25
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom