Disappointing Open Water Dive certification...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are in a farmers john style suit then rent a fullsuit instead. Farmer john suits are really difficult to weight properly and seem to cause problems. 14mm of neoprene results in all sorts of issues, tight feeling, more restrictive, more lead, overheating more, etc. Pay to rent a good suit, its not that expensive. Get help with sizing and keep in mind that a comfortable suit may still feel restrictive as wetsuits must fit snug. However a full suit will be less restrictive than a Farmers John.

The rest you have heard. Many divers have difficulty in cold water. It can take some getting used to.

Good Luck

CanadaScubaRN, Sorry to read of your problems on the OW dives. Those farmer johns are a pain (especially putting back on wet) and they always will be no matter how long you dive. Even if my wife didn't have high blood pressure she said she could never dive when she witnessed me gearing up (claustrophobic). And it can be HOT. Even in my shorty I almost died yesterday trying to get from the car to 72F (21C) water on a 94F (35C) day. But the 7 mil farmer john is great in N.S. in come late Fall/Winter. Hang in there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom