Disabled Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks.

My friends and I really love that bus. Too bad it only gets 4.5mpg on propane. It would be great for dive trips.

We took the ole' bus out last weekend for a VHF contest. We went to Larch Mt. near Vancouver, WA.

I even talked my gf Cassi into joining in. She even made half a dozen contacts on 6 meters.

The bands were horrible. The food was aweful, the fun was awesome.

This is a great site. I plan to stick around. :)

chepar once bubbled...

BTW, took a peek at your homepage - your bus is pretty cool!

Have fun at your classes, and be assured that people on this Board will do their best to answer any questions you may have.

dotyj once bubbled...

I'm told that diving with a disability can present problems and challenges that able bodied divers don't necessarily have to contend with.

Just looking for someone who'll be a great source of information.

This site is awesome.

The LDS here in Albuquerque, NM Scuba Center just participated in a group dive (about 30 to 40) with disabled divers down in the Caymans. Try contacting Stacy Minton at nmsc@lobodirect.com for more information. If memory serves I belive they also are involved in a lecture/classes at the DEMA show coming up about this subject.

I just started diving 4 months ago and am still fending off a few people who think I'm nutty for it. (exhasperated sigh... Had to deal with the same thing for rock climbing.)

I really enjoy it! Even mucking around in cold, muddy quarries!

Have a great time on Saturday! Let us know how your class goes!

Good luck on your classes. Remember the most important thing is to have fun and be safe.

Chad

ckharlan66 once bubbled...
Good luck on your classes. Remember the most important think is to have fun and be safe.

Chad

I've been saying this ALL YEAR!! Now I have a quote I can hold over you when your NOT having fun.

I always have fun. It is great fun pushing your buttons. :)

Well, someone has to do it. Might as well be you. "POKE IT!"

Thanks. I'll be sure to rush home as soon as my class is over and tell you all how it went.

Safety is my #1 priority. Though I'm a swimmer now, I hadn't always been and had come close to drowning twice. Once when I was six and again when I was eleven. Scared the hell out of me. I didn't know I could drink that much water!

If I don't feel safe I won't be comfortable.

ckharlan66 once bubbled...
Good luck on your classes. Remember the most important think is to have fun and be safe.

Chad

I look forward to your report.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom