DIRF gear requirements and other info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

large_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Note: I just noticed some useful info on the Fifth Dimension website regarding DIRF. Fifth Dimension is the small group (2) of dive shops in greater Seattle owned by GUE training director Andrew Georgitsis.

http://www.fifthd.com

Scroll down on the home page to the "Around the World with Andrew G" link. On the next page, you will see the following:

"Need more detailed Information to get you ready for your
Fundamentals of DIR class!? Click here."

Folks will note that the only REQUIRED equipment is a long primary/necklaced second.

Other gear is SUGGESTED but not required.

The reason I note this is that the data on the GUE site regarding the DIR Fundamentals course is out of date.

If you are taking DIRF with instructors other than Andrew....not sure if these more liberal standards apply.

For those that have already taken the class with Andrew this year, there are pictures on the FifthD website....scroll down from the "Need more detailed Information to get you ready for your
Fundamentals of DIR class!? Click here." link.

Enjoy.

Thank you for sharing the info.

Chad

That is correct. A long primary hose was the only thing that was deemed an absolute necessity in my class taught by Tyler Moon and David Sweetin as well. For more information and details about what exactly a DIRF class consists of see my post about it under the basic scuba discussions.

i was chatting to dlarbale this morn and he mentioned that Andrew G is coming to Sydney Aus for a DIRF class in November.
I would be interested in this class but am wondering how much it would cost. its just that i am not rolling in the dosh so would have to save up for it.
are you able to give me a ballpark figure?

thanks,
James

jamespitt once bubbled...
I would be interested in this class but am wondering how much it would cost. its just that i am not rolling in the dosh so would have to save up for it.
are you able to give me a ballpark figure?

thanks,
James

The class I took cost $325. The instructors did indicate that the cost of the class was proportional to the cost of them getting there to teach it. For example the class cost less in Florida, and a LOT more in Germany. Best advice would be to contact them directly.

Pitt - hang in there feller I've just e-mailed you all I know. As cave diver said the cost of the course has to cover the cost of them getting to Aus, that's why it's a tad expensive.

Later - Dave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom