DIRF comes to Dallas 8/8/03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texass

Reaction score
The classroom will be held at Emerald Sea off Central Exp in Richardson. Mike Kane is coming in Friday the 8th at 6:00pm so the class probably won't get started until around 7-7:30pm.

I've been sharing a table out at CSSP the last 3 weeks with Don. Since he's been diving doubles and uses a Halcyon rig (he also had a single tank rig he showed me last week) we naturally got talking about gear configurations and eventually GUE.

Against my warnings he figured it would be OK to post his phone number. You can reach him at his office (972) 644-0931. Or contact Emerald Sea

He said the original class filled up so they're going to send a second instructor along with Mike. It will probably be Tonya, but that's not definite. There are still 4 slots open - well only 3 now. If they get enough responses they'll schedule another class later on.

good for you to post that information dez. I think i will be having a meeting with mike before the class about some other items but not dirf. good luck to anyone who takes the class and please be sure to write a class report.

whose office phone were you talking about ?

Just a word of warning, watch out for Lamar, he is a bit of a smooth talker/used car salesman type

Edited by request...Dee

Don isn't associated with Emerald Sea. The phone number is to his Drywall business. He also gave me his cell number, but I didn't want to post that. You can PM me if anyone wants it.

Sorry, but we've got a new 1 hour limit on editing posts.

Anyway, after reading up on GUE's website about the upcoming DIRF class, I saw they had Don's cell number listed so I figured I may as well post it. It's (214) 803-2240. GUE calendar

BTW ST, I don't think we're talking about the same Mike. The GUE instructor's name is Mike (Michael) Kane. I don't know anything about Emerald Sea other than I've heard the name and passed by the shop a few times. Sounds like you've had an "issue" there. I hope they straighten it out for you.

dez

i meant mike dunst the owner of emerald sea divers, sorry for not being so clear.

is Don a GUE instructor or what dez i cant quite follow.

BTW is there any way that they can change the option for editting posts to back to were it was with unlimited time (ie so tony can edit the swampers list.

Scubatooth once bubbled...
....BTW is there any way that they can change the option for editting posts to back to were it was with unlimited time (ie so tony can edit the swampers list.

No, sorry. I know the new time limit is a pain for you as well as the moderators but unfortunately it's necessary to keep some people honest. I've already asked and was told it an across the board change, there can't be different settings for different forums, so it's all or nothing.

I appreciate your patience. I'm happy to do whatever editing you need just send me a PM with a link to the post (or good description of it), what you want deleted and what you want in it's place, if anything.

steleehin once bubbled...
the class is in austin in sept , call austin aqua sports for info
512-453-1853

Is this the same class Texass is talking about?

Don's not a GUE instructor, he was a PADI instructor plus did some time as a commercial diver. He's sponsoring the class in Richardson.

I don't know if he was out at CSSP when we all got together. Heck with that crowd who knows. We just started chatting since we're both out there kind of early before the crowds wake up.

Crap.... I'd love to take the class, but this is a little short notice foer me. Would somebody mind telling the powers that be that they have one for sure participant for future classes in case I forget to call and request another DIR-F class to come to Texas. Have fun and give us a report when it's over!! :)

Back
Top Bottom