DIRF and swim test

DIRF -- swim test?

• Yes

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, not tested in our class, I'd think that requirement is more of a CYA deal now that it is a cert class, but hey, I've been wrong before

BTW...I'm not so sure this is really a "tek" question, but I guess a lot of people in this forum have taken DIR-F

<edited to not sound so peeved>

We did the 300 yard swim.

You having a rough day or something?.:confused:

This might not belong in the tek area but he just asked a question. Besides, unless i'm reading his profile wrong, it looks like he already did a DIRF.

I guess the original comment was a little harsh eh? I've edited my short-fusedness....hopefully not too many people caught the inital blow.

that post didn't sound like you. It sounded more like me!:wink:

gedunk once bubbled...
that post didn't sound like you. It sounded more like me!:wink:

great...now I'm contemplating suicide...thanks....

ah hell with that...I'll just have another beer...suicide takes planning, times, execution...and you really only have one shot to get it right...too much like work if you ask me.

Yes -- I've taken DIRF once....and now I am taking it for a second time, this time up in the St. Lawrence. Reason: I am taking it with my regular dive buddy this time and thought it would be a great way to work on our buddy team skills as well as all the other things I couldn't do the first time through ;-)

As for where this thread belongs...I guess half of the DIR-related posts end up here and half in the non-tech sections....6 of one, half dozen of the other.....

Zombie -- where's your vote?

As for the poll -- the first time through DIRF -- no test. This time we will have to complete the 300 yard test. I agree, it must be because of the new pass/fail format.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom