Directions to True Blue in Rutland, VT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The quarry in question, posted as "True Blue" is actually named Esperanza. True Blue is close to Esperanza, and this quarry is often misidentified. The one you are talking about with the super giant stride is called Esperanza, according to ye olde quarry mining maps and the company that actually owns it. I've been diving that quarry for years, it is great fun, but divers should be aware that before anyone does any kind of overhead diving, they should be properly trained for this type of diving. Esperanza does have tunnel systems that go back, way back. Please be careful. You should always dive a new site with someone that knows the site.

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
The quarry in question, posted as "True Blue" is actually named Esperanza. True Blue is close to Esperanza, and this quarry is often misidentified. The one you are talking about with the super giant stride is called Esperanza, according to ye olde quarry mining maps and the company that actually owns it.

Yes, true. This has been discussed by locals many times. But in this case local legend has won. If you go around asking for Esperanza-no one will know what you are talking about. So for all practical purposes this hole is called "True Blue" for a couple of decades now. I know the owner personally, and even he refers to it as True Blue.

My first dip there was after a long ride on my 3 speed bike with my friends (back when Jesus was a boy). Whooda thunk Id be diving it some decades later.

Lubold 8341, thanks for backing up my statements about caution and the benefits of a guide. There are a lot of potential hazzards above and below. Actually I am a guide for this site. Done that quarry over 200 times.

Send me a pm if you are coming up this way. It is always fun to meet divers. Even the ones from Mass:D :D

Ok, i'm actually going to correct myself. The name of this quarry which everyone is referring to as TRUE BLUE is actually the old Albertson quarry.

:bonk:

Back
Top Bottom