DIR single tank regulator setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks TSandM, sounds like I should try the 7ft hose.

I'll probably be able to route it under the BC pocket. There's a
corner there between the
cummerbund and the pocket. It might be able to hold the hose. If not,
I'll attach the hose to that area with a hose holder which releases with a yank
similar to what the canister light does...

Stick with the R190 or get the lighter R395 for bungeeing around your neck. The "R" series are not balanced and as other have side are possibly a preferred DIR option because non-balanced backup regulators are more reliable.

tceylan:
I do deep dives over 100ft often. Should I situation occur, I would like a reg that performs as good as S600.

I would suggest you look at adding a redundant air source (pony cylinder) if you are doing dives below 30m a single cylinder isn't enough if something happens.

tceylan:
The reason for going for a S600 reg for my backup is that I do deep dives over 100ft often. Should I situation occur, I would like a reg that performs as good as S600. (Also in the future, I might possibly dive deeper than recreational limits. Of course with proper training, etc.)

The R190 breathes fine at 100 ft. With the right gases (helium), it will breathe fine below 100 ft.

Fionab:
I would suggest you look at adding a redundant air source (pony cylinder) if you are doing dives below 30m a single cylinder isn't enough if something happens.

:confused: :no

Go doubles!!! :wink:

Thank you all for your help...

I just got my reg setup changed. Now, the backup S600 with bungee is on 22inch and the primary S600 is on a 6ft hose. I tried this (not yet in the water) and it feels perfect. Just perfect!

(I and my buddies, we ascend above 100ft before we hit 2000psi. This must be
enought for 2 people to get to the surface. No overhead. )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom