DIR Liftbag deployment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
1. I cant count how many times I have gotten back on the boat with my inflator unplugged.

2. But I also cant think of a time when I needed to INFLATE my wing after deploying a bag.
1. A good buddy will remind you to plug back in... sometimes Shane is a good buddy.

2. I have had occassion to gas my suit after forgetting to plug back in (can't remember why) and it gets chilly when you press the inflate button... sometimes Shane isn't a good buddy.

BTW... how was the trip back home?

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
WW... while you might not want to admit that your chain was jerked... :D

Everyone else reading this thread knows that you were sucked right into Dave's post and tried to convince him that he was having his chain jerked....

Bwahahahahaha ahhahahhhahahahha...

Ahem....snicker....

good one Dave. :D

Okey dokey, I guess I need to oil my chain so I can feel it being jerked easier.....

WW

It was an awsome trip, too many great dives to mention here, a few very memorable wreck dives. Im working on a trip report, but there is just so much to say. Great to be with "the 'ol girl" again too, she was as pretty as I left her.

Dave

Aqua, it sounds like you wouldn't be concerned about disconnecting the inflator hose. Is that the LP hose you're using to send your CC bag on it's way?

esmiami: That is exactly what I am wanting to use my SMB for -- fish. Specifically, if I have multiple large fish, or a single horse, or sharks showing predatory behavior. I figure it'll serve a dual purpose of getting my fish to the surface, and letter the boat know where I am, since we live boat all the time.

I think the corporate line is "We don't recommend using our SMB as a lift bag ...." Why not? The Halcyon Super has 52#s of lift!

TampaScott:
Yes I use my LP hose as the inflator. Most times I remember to plug it back in, but I have forgotten many times as well, Never had an issue, only takes about 5 seconds to re-connect, and I cant think of a need to re-connect any quicker, or a time when I needed to "urgently" inflate my wing. (except that one time I jumped overboard with the spare anchor in my left thigh pocket)..........I went through a "must have redundacy"period.:rolleyes:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom