DIR Instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another Scot/Brando student here. :)
A+, couldn't possibly suggest anyone better than those two.

I was actually disappointed to see class end. I had a great time.
(I think I like having my mask taken away from me. :D)

pennypue:
(I think I like having my mask taken away from me. :D)
I think you mean surrendering your mask voluntarily upon request.

Masks, fins, etc. are only taken during Scooter Rodeo. And now that you have a scooter, it's only a matter of time until the Rodeo comes back to town.

sunnyboy:
I concur. Brandon is one of the best instructors that GUE has right now. Very patient, extremely decent fellow.

-S

I agree. When I was filming you guys I found that his patience was amazing. It's too bad that he didn't cover "Rebreathers and why people should or shouldn't buy them" when he did your DIRF.

WJL:
I think you mean surrendering your mask voluntarily upon request.

Masks, fins, etc. are only taken during Scooter Rodeo. And now that you have a scooter, it's only a matter of time until the Rodeo comes back to town.
:rofl3: Well it would be perfectly fine with me if they had just taken it. A whole lot more realistic too.

Looking forward to the rodeo. I'm taking the DPV class.
Will that be a covered skill set?:D

pennypue:
:rofl3: Well it would be perfectly fine with me if they had just taken it. A whole lot more realistic too.
I agree. Current GUE standards, however, prohibit the instructors from taking students' masks. They have to ask for them now. As opposed to the old days when pirates roamed the seas, men were men, and masks were never in place for 2 minutes in a row in any Fundamentals classes.

WJL:
I agree. Current GUE standards, however, prohibit the instructors from taking students' masks. They have to ask for them now. As opposed to the old days when pirates roamed the seas, men were men, and masks were never in place for 2 minutes in a row in any Fundamentals classes.

And they can't turn off any valves. Damned lawyers stole all the fun...

And you guys walked uphill in the snow to AND from school when you were kids, too, right? :D

That kind of stuff frustrates me. If the instructor is in close proximity to this kind of stuff the student should be safe. Its the best way to learn, by my way of thinking.

rjack321:

rjack321:
Well ... the good news is that it means GUE as an organization is worth suing ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom