DIR in Southern Oregon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By LDS you mean Rogue scuba right? I'm sure they would be reasonable about it and their facilitys are pretty nice. Not the most DIR friendly people in the world though :).

I think that Fourmile lake would be the best bet for the class since it's the closest.

I've got an interest in getting to TechII someday as well. Possible cave as well.

Joe - About how much would cost to get you up here for a class?

I'm sure we can make this work out if you guys are serious about it.
Regards, Rob

Hey Rob,

Think I just missed a dive with you at the Illinois a few weeks back. Bryan and I had a good dive or two, but you couldn't make it.

THough Rogue is definately not DIR friendly, they are not the type to turn down a buck for something otherwise idle. I'll stop by at lunch and see what Paul says.

I'm sure there are enough serious divers to do several classes. With just the people I know of, I think two classes could be run.

Dave

Hi guys,

Pricing can be found at our website. Click on "X-education" at the top, and then "Pricing" in the left menu.

Course fees do not include travel, which is an additional charge (~$75) per student.

FYI, HQ is in the process of changing the format of the course, so the pricing structure will most likely change to reflect that. We'll keep you guys posted.

Feel free to ask more questions,

Joe Talavera
www.5thd-x.com

joe_at_subtidal:
FYI, HQ is in the process of changing the format of the course, so the pricing structure will most likely change to reflect that. We'll keep you guys posted.

Out of curiousity what is being changed in the class? Also, your site says doubles only for fundies. What's up with that?

Dave, what did Paul think?

Rob

Paul is good with it. He said we could work it into a weekend they are doing check-outs and that would give us a good amount of available pool time.

nazgul810:
By LDS you mean Rogue scuba right? I'm sure they would be reasonable about it and their facilitys are pretty nice. Not the most DIR friendly people in the world though :).

I think that Fourmile lake would be the best bet for the class since it's the closest.

I've got an interest in getting to TechII someday as well. Possible cave as well.

Joe - About how much would cost to get you up here for a class?

I'm sure we can make this work out if you guys are serious about it.
Regards, Rob

I'm game. I've been contacted by three instructors in response to this thread and there is no doubt we can make this happen.

I noticed the doubles thing as well. Let's see...New Ranger BC(just bought it)+bp/w+new regs(just bought them too)+new new regs+doubles manifold(just one of my 120s weighs a ton)=wife shaking her head in disbelief. Wish I had some horses to sell.:D

Where is Fourmile Lake?

nazgul810:
Out of curiousity what is being changed in the class? Also, your site says doubles only for fundies. What's up with that?

JeffG posted the following in another thread:

Given that the DIR-f is getting changed. With GUE splitting up the fundi's into a Rec or Tech distinction. (With the Tech fundi's as the requirement to advance to Cave 1 and/or Tech 1. It also has to be done in doubles.)

I suspect GUE has realized that all of the content of fundies is not necessarily applicable to recrational divers and maybe moving towards a model where rec divers and tech minded divers get the most appropriate content. I would think that in the case of the tech minded divers, doubles may be useful.

Oh Dave, you've been hanging around the brother in law too much haven't you?:D

Before I answer that, I need to find out who is running the Dive Con class in January.

dherbman:
Before I answer that, I need to find out who is running the DC class in January.
That would be a handsome mature man that works for peanuts because he's a dummy.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom