DIR Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Guys,

My buddy has a pair of SP jet-fins w/ the Halycon straps, he loves them. The problem is the extra large fin with the biggest spring straps won't fit my foot!

Now I don't have huge feet or anything - I wear a size 11 DUI rock boot, but, the jet fin XL won't fit.

Could any offer a similar fin that will fit or a soultion (I don't think SP makes an XXL)? I'm looking for a short fin (not some long sloppy fin that drags alll over wrecks), with decent power/flex (the Mares Volo is too 'weak', but the quattrao is too strong for example), and a fin that I can attach spring straps too.

Thanks!

Thanks, I just did a search and it seems like alot of people like the turtles's:

One question: who makes them?

IDI Turtle Fins can work as a short term solution, however they are not quite as powerful as the Scubapro XL Jet Fins. The rubber seems a little less stiff and there is a lot of slop in the foot pockets unless your feet are really large. Having used both fins I can feel a noticeable difference.

What you really need to do is replace the DUI rock boots with the standard rubber boots. I wear size 11.5 shoes and the Jet Fins fit comfortably. Superior Diving Repair ( http://www.drysuitrepair.com/ ) is the best option to get the change made quickly.

In the "authorized" color!

Back
Top Bottom