DIR-F Report (Anilao Philippines July 1-4, 06)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont:
the 300 yards in 14 minute swim test is kind of pathetic though, and GUE instructors are free to make their students exceed standards if they feel it would be to the benefit of the student. although you should get a little credit for doing it in rough conditions in open water...
Make it a 200 meter Individual Medley Swim (or how 'bout a 400 meter IM?:11: ); give credit by waiving all future swim requirements for all subsequent Tech/Cave Courses for up to three years. . .

hey eric!

just came across this thread, you really had brazilian babes in anilao? i HAVE to take this class. hehehe.

what i'm really curious about is how gue dives w/o the computer. i understand how we did it in our adv. ean/ deco. proc. class with the stopwatch&depth guage / bottom timer, but we still carried our computers for backup, just in case. how do you adjust for changes in the dive plan? compute underwater? memorize the tables?

thanks dude! lets do some dives sometime. i've been itching to dive mapating again.

CoalBoy:
hey eric!

just came across this thread, you really had brazilian babes in anilao? i HAVE to take this class. hehehe.

what i'm really curious about is how gue dives w/o the computer. i understand how we did it in our adv. ean/ deco. proc. class with the stopwatch&depth guage / bottom timer, but we still carried our computers for backup, just in case. how do you adjust for changes in the dive plan? compute underwater? memorize the tables?

thanks dude! lets do some dives sometime. i've been itching to dive mapating again.

don't know about the GUE boys (I presume they get some chip implanted into their brain...:eyebrow: ), but that's wetnotes and a slate are for... write down time variations, etc...

Mr Pak,

Learn deco and you don't have to write anything down ... I should know I can't even write :lol:

moose_hk:
Mr Pak,

Learn deco and you don't have to write anything down ... I should know I can't even write :lol:

dont you know you're gonna die if you try to do that? Goodness, think of the children!

Kevrumbo:
Make it a 200 meter Individual Medley Swim (or how 'bout a 400 meter IM?:11: ); give credit by waiving all future swim requirements for all subsequent Tech/Cave Courses for up to three years. . .

Our swim test in Tech 1 was 400 meters, with the regular time requirements, and a 25 meter under-water swim. I guess JJ wanted to test how it would work out, and it was actually no problems for any of us. Our swim test was on the morning of day four. The instructors, including JJ and David, swam 500 meters when we students swam 400 meters...
Fair is fair. :wink:

Anders

moose_hk:
Mr Pak,

Hey Graham, how's the little one doing? keeping you up at all hours?

Yeah yeah, one of these days... but will just feel odd not having to squint trying to decifer my chicken scratch deco schedule on my slate...:eyebrow:

pakman:
Hey Graham, how's the little one doing? keeping you up at all hours?

Yeah yeah, one of these days... but will just feel odd not having to squint trying to decifer my chicken scratch deco schedule on my slate...:eyebrow:
it's not chicken scratch, it's hangul...

or are you narced when your english comes out hangul? or kanji? or pinyin...

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom