DIR-F July 1-4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finished the class and have numerous pages of notes. I'll post a review in the tech section and post a link here.

Halthron:
Well, someone needs to help keep the dive businesses going now that Spoon is moving away from tech.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the latest PPD news... Why is Carlo "moving away from tech" :confused:

shugar:
he discovered "photography"

Jag
and he reorganized his priorities. Good for him but we better go diving once I get back! :)

shugar:
congrats!

Jag
Thanks but finishing does not equal passing, at least not at the level I originally wanted.

There's failing (which no one gets unless they're just unsafe in the water and don't have the capability to change, provisional passing where you have most of the skills but need to work on it a bit more and have six months to do so, and passing. The last is that you hit the minimum required competency for the skill.

There's also a tech pass and a recreational pass. A tech pass requires you to take the course in doubles and a canister light. Since I had issues right before (sick then damaged light), I decided not to push my luck with the equipment and take it in a single tank. A rec pass comes with a tech provisional but unlike a regular provisional, there's no time limit on upgrading soi I have a year instead of six months to do it.

I passed at the rec level (pending retaking the swim test since, IMO, the distance we were to swim 12 laps of wasn't 25 yds, more like 40 and surf and current made it more difficult. Going to retake it at my place soon).

clgsamson:
Time machine :D

Halthron:
Thanks but finishing does not equal passing, at least not at the level I originally wanted.

I passed at the rec level (pending retaking the swim test since, IMO, the distance we were to swim 12 laps of wasn't 25 yds, more like 40 and surf and current made it more difficult. Going to retake it at my place soon).

You up for some practice sessions? :)I haven't been single tank diving in a while so it won't be pretty :wink:

Vie:
Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the latest PPD news... Why is Carlo "moving away from tech" :confused:

he realized that there are other OPTIONS in life ! :D

tsk tsk tsk too many options may make decisions a dilema....

Back
Top Bottom