DIR-F in Europe or Africa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mislav

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Spring or Summer next year, I would like to take a DIR-F course. I wouldn't mind taking a trip to US to take the course, but it's over my budget at present time. Is there a DIR-F course closer to where I live? Someplace Europe or Egypt maybe?

There are several courses in the Adriatic over the year, their frequency being based on the number of people interested, check out the local forum I PM'd you about. :)

Recently there was a Tech-1 in Istra, afaik.

I've been thinking about it, read the book and etc, but not going that way, yet.

mislav:
... Is there a DIR-F course closer to where I live? Someplace Europe or Egypt maybe?

Absolutely, in fact there are more GUE instructors in Europe and Africa then in the US.
Take a look here:
http://www.gue.com/Training/Instructors/index.html
And contact some of the instructors. There are some that have classes in the Red Sea (I don't know how far that is for you, but certainly much closer than the US)

Good luck

El Orans:
There are classes in the Netherlands and Germany as well.
:D Well, I believe that traveling to Adriatic coast is little bit easier.

Mislav, you can check GUE course schedule or contact directly some of instructors as suggested. Mario Arena regularly teaches at Istria (mainly Rovinj). I'll see him in two weeks and I can check for you if he plans something and what's his schedule. If you are interested to take course in Egypt you have three DIR-F instructors located in Hurghada: Dorota & Wojtek and Hassan Adly. Besides beeing fluent in English (of course) Hassan understands Croatian :)

Edit - Here's link to courses that have been already set-up: http://www.gue.com/student/courses/index.html

Thanks everyone, you've all been very helpful with your comments and suggestions.

Perrone is the one who got me interested in DIR. His advice and guidance have been very helpful. Thank you my friend!

Unfortunately, I can't get deeper into this right now though - I'm off to Egypt tomorrow. So many things need to be done before I leave... but I will get back to you when I return.

@MonkSeal: Thanks for the excellent info and please feel free to check with Mario if he has some opening for me in his schedule for the Spring or Summer '07.

Yea, I forgot MonkSeal was over there. He's going to be your best resource.

There are right now 3 DIR instructors in Hurghada. 2 of them are Polish, BTW
:D

Mania

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom