DIR Experience Day, Sept 14, Picnic Beach, Laguna Beach, CA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarcHall

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We will be holding a DIR Experience Day on Sunday Sept 14 at Picnic Beach in Laguna Beach, CA. We should have everything setup by 8:00 AM and will probably head home around 4:00 PM.

The day will consist of skills dives, fun dives, gear demos and DIR discussions. We will video the skills dives and review it after the dives.

This should be a great oppurtunity for the LA, Orange County and San Diego DIR communities to get together.

A limited number of DIR gear setups will be available for use at no charge. Please contact me to reserve them in advance.

Picnic Beach sits just east of Divers Cove. Fills should be available at nearby Laguna Sea Sports but you might want to plan on bringing all the gas you are planning to dive. Dive profiles at this site are less then 60 feet so Nitrox 32 would be the optimum gas.

Laguna Beach City Regulations require that all scuba divers carry snorkels with them. My "DIR" snorkel consists of a roll-up snorkel that I keep rolled-up and stowed in a pocket. Scubapro used to sell a foldable snorkel that can be easily stowed in a pocket as well. The lifequards do enforce the snorkel equirement.

Also plan on bringing a supply of quarters as the parking adjacent to the site is metered.

For more details or any questions please call or email.

Marc Hall
march@gue.com
619-804-0647

One more rule that I've heard Laguna Beach enforces... You must dive with a buddy... But we all do that already, right?

Well, you ain't DIR without a buddy :)

I am insatiably curious about DIR

Back
Top Bottom