Dinner with Zee and Maggie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ooooh, I'd make him "earn" it :evil::dance2:

not really one of those girls- MissD. i'd rather cut the BS and lay the cards on the table... :cool2:

Sorry we missed you both in Coron. Carlos woke me up on Friday the 24th in choppy seas as we were approaching Panagatan and said that Maggie had texted about dinner. We left Coron town Thursday morning and dove Cathedral Cave and a few other spots, overnighted by this island and headed east on Friday.
WE did 7 wrecks and had good vis. The marine life on all of them was as dense as anywhere I've ever dived. Big jacks cruising and feeding on the small schools of fish that were everywhere. Very nice. I'm not really into the wreck thing but those dives were well worth it and I highly recommend them to anyone who loves wreck or reef dives.
WE then went back down to Anani'i Anitque and dived Nogas isle some more with Boy Saldana. He has a really nice place set up there now. Showers, aircon room, great food. Already planning next trip. :D I think I can get some shrimp work here that will give me a free be every year now. I'll catch up to some ppd ers some day.

hank- i am not fond of wrecks either... and we spent most of the time penetrating the wrecks than looking at the outside life. visibility wasn't that good either but it was a new experience for me. the wrecks i dove before this were not big enough to penetrate... the 3rd dive i opted to miss turned out to be the best dive of the day :depressed:.

too bad we missed you. perhaps, we can dive and eat and drink some other time. :)

Tracy (MissD)... you're talking about two of my relationship icons here. Zee and Maggie keep theirs going and fresh despite the geographic challenges. I've been impressed by their dedication and devotion... especially since many women here in SoCal can't even accept the San Pedro Channel between Catalina and the mainland as a minor obstacle. Now Maggie and Zee... what would I do if Zee were to move to PI?

By the way, it looks like the next possible time frame for a visit to the Philippines may be late March.

Tracy (MissD)... you're talking about two of my relationship icons here. Zee and Maggie keep theirs going and fresh despite the geographic challenges. I've been impressed by their dedication and devotion... especially since many women here in SoCal can't even accept the San Pedro Channel between Catalina and the mainland as a minor obstacle. Now Maggie and Zee... what would I do if Zee were to move to PI?

By the way, it looks like the next possible time frame for a visit to the Philippines may be late March.
that's summer... perfect diving weather if diving in a rash guard and shorts and doing your post-dive beer under palm trees is your thing :eyebrow:

Jag

Not speaking to you - you fordot me :sad: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/non-diving-related-stuff/258887-happy-birthday-missdirected.html

not really one of those girls- MissD. i'd rather cut the BS and lay the cards on the table... :cool2:

hank- i am not fond of wrecks either... and we spent most of the time penetrating the wrecks than looking at the outside life. visibility wasn't that good either but it was a new experience for me. the wrecks i dove before this were not big enough to penetrate... the 3rd dive i opted to miss turned out to be the best dive of the day :depressed:.

too bad we missed you. perhaps, we can dive and eat and drink some other time. :)

Carlos said we were lucky on the vis. WE had half moon tides so not a lot of water movement stirring up the silt. I loved just cruising above the wrecks looking at all the scorpion fish and life on top. INside.....brrrrr. Leave that to the techies.
Panagatan was unreal. 40-50 meters down to the wall but it was like Yapak 2 (Boracay) on steroids. REally nice.
The Fisheye boat, Maruha, was really nice. I'll post photos later. 80 foot bangka with nice cr, showers, great food, excellent staff. Carlos knows every nook and cranny of all the dive sites. Also rates were much lower than on a big liveaboard. It's also a live aboard..but...Pinoy style. :D Laid back...no worries...just dive and eat and sleep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom