Dinner Dress code in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bethbsting

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Maybe this should be posted on the women's views but I was not sure where to post this. Sorry.

What is the dress code for women at dinner in Cozumel? We are staying at the Allegro Cozumel and I want to know if shorts are okay for dinner or do I need a skirt, jeans, dress pants, etc.? What about my husband? Will jeans, shorts or Khaki’s do?

What about some great places to eat and their night dress code? Thanks.

bethbsting:
Maybe this should be posted on the women's views but I was not sure where to post this. Sorry.

What is the dress code for women at dinner in Cozumel? We are staying at the Allegro Cozumel and I want to know if shorts are okay for dinner or do I need a skirt, jeans, dress pants, etc.? What about my husband? Will jeans, shorts or Khaki’s do?

What about some great places to eat and their night dress code? Thanks.
As casual as possible. Cozumel is a totally relaxed atmosphere, so you dress for that. NO Speedos though

Rooster1:
As casual as possible. Cozumel is a totally relaxed atmosphere, so you dress for that. NO Speedos though

Now Now Speedos when used properly are hottest thing going...

Casual is great but shabby doesent work. Stay clean and pressed.

Julie

Rooster1:

Anything goes at the downtown bars, but Allegro is presented as a luxury resort. I stayed there last January, and wore shorts and shortsleeved shirts to dinner, but I think the nicer restaraunt there requires reservations and long pants on men. I don't think shorts are allowed on women in that one, either. I went for the eat, sleep, dive approach, taking the more convenient meals, and never did that one. Anyway, if you're into dining, rather than just eating, at least pack khakis for your husband and you might like to have wear a tropical dress at the nicer places.

Ever been to Cozumel:posticon1 Use the bottled water:zahn:to brush your teeth, listerine for a final rinse on your regs and snorkel, take a couple of 100 watt light bulbs. :idea3: I'm taking bubblewrap for my bed next time.

As far as the nice restaraunts - it's a $15 cab to town, I think, and this lady's report may help you there... http://www.scubaboard.com/t42750.html

Otherwise, I'll ask a Cozy dining veteran look at this and advise on that...

have fun! don

I believe the cab fare Allegro to/from downtown has risen to $20 each way.

dandydon:
Anything goes at the downtown bars, but Allegro is presented as a luxury resort.

I'm taking bubblewrap for my bed next time.

Hey don- what do you mean by bubblewrap? Do you mean the stuff you wrap presents to ship or do you mean the "eggcrates"? If we need them can we get eggcrates at Walmart in Cozumel?

Thanks and hope you have a white Christmas in West Texas!

dandydon:
Ever been to Cozumel:posticon1

Walmart - in Cozumel? :palmtree: I gather this is your first trip there...?

I did the Allegro in January, then the Reef Club in November - preferring the Allegro for serval reasons. But the beds are tough, which last longer than comfy beds. At the R-Club, I lined 5 pillows up and slept on them, but I was in a private room. :sleep: Next month I'm going to try some bubblewrap, only because eggcrates are so difficult to take on a plane. A kingsize eggcrated would count as one bag.

While I'm pretty sure that there's no Walmart in Cozumel, I don't know if you can buy them somewhewre else there? When are y'all going?

If no one else answers this, I'll do some emailing and see if I can find them there otherwise.

don :bandit_2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom