Dinagat Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was wondering what Lyndon C would have to say about dive ops... I was thinking there is just a dive club but no actual operations? When I went last fall, a small group took tanks and a compressor from Davao. Rented a place to stay and paid the fishermen to take us out to places they thought would be good.

another critter i have seen is kind of a worm that sticks on the side of a huge black sea cucumber. maybe somebody here can help me id.

Sea_Cucumber_Worm.jpg

I was wondering what Lyndon C would have to say about dive ops... I was thinking there is just a dive club but no actual operations? When I went last fall, a small group took tanks and a compressor from Davao. Rented a place to stay and paid the fishermen to take us out to places they thought would be good.

thanks Kupu for the ID help. as for the dive operation, right now its still non existent (true commercial operation). the best thing is to join the club in our not so frequent dive exploration . or rent tanks, weights and boat from one of the members.

another critter i have seen is kind of a worm that sticks on the side of a huge black sea cucumber. maybe somebody here can help me id.

This is a new one to me, thanks for the challenge. My best guess is that this is a Gastrolepidia clavigera scaleworm. I say this because they seem to be commensal with sea cucumbers and to mimic the color pattern of the chosen host. Although I can't find an exact match to your photo, it seems the most likely.

I welcome more info from anyone with more knowledge...I am just a non edjukated diver who enjoys the small critters.

I agree with jigo, awesome shots on the coral catshark. I only know of them being seen on night dives, looks like you found one during the day!

whoa! how close were you to the shark? and are those his eyes? creepy...

that picture is quite familiar to me, maybe you have passed the island of pto.princesa, basilisa of dinagat island going to libjo, that;s the kind rock formations you can view at this island, its very interesting,, you will really enjoy the scenery

We'll be making 2-3 dives tomorrow in Dinagat island. Coming from Padre Burgos in southern leyte , they say the trip by big banca will take around 3 hours. We're using sogod bay scuba resort, this is a dive trip within our vacation dive trip. Will post some pix soon.

koya, there's a place around Surigao that's got some jellie like that one from Palau. ask your guide or some local if ther are familiar with Sohoton Cove.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom