Dinagat Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lyndon C

Registered
Reaction score
Surigao - Surfing Capital of the Philippines
# of dives
went to Tubajon, Dinagat Island (north of Surigao) to have a little adventure. i was able to take some photos and would like to share some

Lime_Cliffs_Dinagat.jpg

Limestone Cliffs. (next El Nido?)

Dinagat_Cliffs.jpg

need help to ID this critter

Critter.jpg

another pic of the critter

unknown_Critter.jpg

That is a type of blue dragon nudibranch, Pteraeolidia ianthina.

I spent a few days in the vicinity of Surigao. Did a couple of dives, quite nice around there. I would love to go back and see more, there is some great scenery. Thanks for the pictures.

Yes, looks quite interesting, would love to hear more?

me three!

If I'm not mistaken there should be some pretty healthy currents around the end of that island(north side). Its not far from the resting place of the famous "Yamashiro".

whos the dive operator???

i would love to make a trip report but really, it was just a commando type of a diving trip. brought my own equipment including the weights and tanks and just took a commercial trip (big outrigger) from surigao to tubajon, dinagat is. rented a small outrigger to bring me to where the local fisherfolks fished. i would be posting more photos once im back home since i'm still here in cebu (made 2 dives in mactan yesterday)

me three!

If I'm not mistaken there should be some pretty healthy currents around the end of that island(north side). Its not far from the resting place of the famous "Yamashiro".

yes pretty much but you know there is always a slack time especially during the 1st and last quarter of the moon where there's not much tidal movement. will be going back soon to see the shark action the fisher folks were boasting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom