DIN vs. Yoke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The fitting came in for my MK25 Friday and last night I changed it over. Once I went a head and pulled off the hoses and used a vice to hold the body it was pretty easy. Of course I did use softwood to protect it from the jaws.

I was pleasantly suprised to find that the inlet protector (cap) could also be convetered over from the Yoke to DIN just by removing a plastic piece.

I really like the way the DIN looks. It just has a 'clean' look.

Of course I saved the parts for when I vacation.

Tom

I have an Apels Atx200 and both the din and yoke fittings. When I was ready to leave for Mexico last week I was simply going to switch fittings. My LDS recommended against this saying it was better to get an adaptor. He explained that the fitting was difficult to replace because he used locktite and needed to be torqued exactly to spec. Sound right?

Brian Gilpin:
I have an Apels Atx200 and both the din and yoke fittings. When I was ready to leave for Mexico last week I was simply going to switch fittings. My LDS recommended against this saying it was better to get an adaptor. He explained that the fitting was difficult to replace because he used locktite and needed to be torqued exactly to spec. Sound right?
He should not have used locktite. Doesn't he know that you are going to be breathing from that piece of equipment? I wouldn't let him touch any of my gear. There is no recommendation in any reg repair manuals that suggests the use of thread-locking compounds... and they ARE toxic.

RichLockyer:
He should not have used locktite. Doesn't he know that you are going to be breathing from that piece of equipment? I wouldn't let him touch any of my gear. There is no recommendation in any reg repair manuals that suggests the use of thread-locking compounds... and they ARE toxic.

Any recommendations on how to proceed at this point?

Don't go back to that LDS, find someone (most likely at another shop) qualified to inspect your reg, if he/she finds locktite, SUE.

Ben

Back
Top Bottom