Din Vs. Yoke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

busraider1

Reaction score
I'm NAUI certified advanced, with TDI nitrox training hoping over the next few months to get my master certification, and be taking more classes through TDI. I've sold all my old gear, as it has served its purpose, and am looking to buy a set up that would be used for technical diving down the road. I've been planning on buying the apeks atx 200. My ?? would be should i get a yoke or din setting. I've dove a yoke all my life, 8 years of diving, but mostly that was shore dives, to 50- 60 feet. I've been itching to go deeper, and get more advanced.Any suggestions.?????

this is a good solution however the din is a little lower profile and if you end up buying High pressure tanks yoke will not support this. With DIN you also eliminate that o-ring that is always taking off and going missing. The DIN features a captured o-ring. The only downside to DIN I suppose is that if you do not have your own tanks there is the question of availability.

DIN. I just bought Apeks regs and went DIN. I'm currently renting tanks, so I bought the adaptor, but since I plan to buy HP steels soon, DIN was the only thing that made sense. I'll keep the adaptor for travelling too when I need yoke.

No brainer.... DIN + adapter.

done it for years, just don't forget the adapter when you travel....

yea................ w/ low pressure tanks u can't have anything over 3000 psi....... and w/ high pressure tanks u can have over 3500 psi, major difference.
besides, you can get a brand new trident converter for only around $30, realli isnt a big expense consider that now you can use high pressure tanks AND low pressure tanks wen the HP tanks arent available.

Sean326:
No brainer.... DIN + adapter.

done it for years, just don't forget the adapter when you travel....
this is the way to go.
especially if you're headed down the tech road.

smoritz0370:
Why not get DIN with a yoke adaptor. Seems you would have both cases covered then.

The right choice!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom