DIN valve cover?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DA Aquamaster:
If you find you are still fretting over which plug to use, you probably need to be diving more and talking about diving less.

i think we can apply that to every thread in here..;D replace plug with the relative word!!

i'd love to be diving more!!

Really I just needed to have a cap for knowing if a tank is full or not.

I managed to solve that for less than $1.00!

I took a 1" PVC cap, dremeled two holes in it, snipped a rubber band and tied off the ends on the inside of the cap. The cap fits perfectly and the rubber band keeps it attached to the valve of the tank. w00t!

DSCF0008-tm.jpg

I use green masking tape to cover the opening when the tank is full. Since I have a bunch of the same tanks, it is very easy to tell which ones have gas and which don't.

Why green you ask? Since all my tanks have Nitrox in them, I figured it would be my visual reminder and the roll only cost an extra dollar more than the regular tape at Home Depot.

OE2X:
I use green masking tape to cover the opening when the tank is full. Since I have a bunch of the same tanks, it is very easy to tell which ones have gas and which don't.

Why green you ask? Since all my tanks have Nitrox in them, I figured it would be my visual reminder and the roll only cost an extra dollar more than the regular tape at Home Depot.
Since all my tanks have Nitrox in them, they all have a piece of tape on them with the % O2 in the tank (or 21 for air). After a dive, I just pull off that piece of tape. And my tape is freely provided by my LDS. :)

Back
Top Bottom