Din to Yoke...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrabdiver111

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a worthington 100 hp steel with a din valve on it and was wondering... if I changed the valve to a yoke, does doing this change the pressure I can fill it to (3442) or change the capacity at all. What is/are the advantages/disadvantages to having a din valve on this tank? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :D

I have a worthington 100 hp steel with a din valve on it and was wondering... if I changed the valve to a yoke, does doing this change the pressure I can fill it to (3442) or change the capacity at all. What is/are the advantages/disadvantages to having a din valve on this tank? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :D

Nearly all the 3442 tanks I've seen had a convertible valve that allows you remove the yoke insert to make it a DIN valve. Using it in either mode does not affect the pressure you can fill the tank to.

I assume by HP you mean a 3442psi X series Worthington?

If so I really like the pro valve 200 bar DIN with the yolk insert. It is super convenient. I would recommend buying a modular valve if you are purchasing a new one. Then you can double it up in the future.

Here is a quick check. Does the back of the valve have a dimple in it? The dimple will be directly in line with center of the valve. If so this is where the yoke knob would screw into and as such you have a pro valve and all you need is the yoke insert. If no dimple more than likely it is a 300 bar valve and if you want to use a yoke valve you will need to replace the valve. In this case get a pro-valve that can be either.

Here is a quick check. Does the back of the valve have a dimple in it? The dimple will be directly in line with center of the valve. If so this is where the yoke knob would screw into and as such you have a pro valve and all you need is the yoke insert. If no dimple more than likely it is a 300 bar valve and if you want to use a yoke valve you will need to replace the valve. In this case get a pro-valve that can be either.
Oddly enough, I've seen a tank that had a 300bar valve in it that had dimples. Don't understand why, but there are some out there.

The easiest way to tell for me, is the threads in the 300bar are about an inch long, where as the 200 bar is less than 1in.

I have a set of 12lt x 232 bar manifold twins. They have 300 bar tank valves. For some odd reason, they have dimples on the back side.

Hmm, that is odd. I have not seen 300 bar valves with dimples before. So my quick and easy check is not as definitive as I thought. Bummer. Break out the ruler or count threads.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom