DIN to Yoke Conversion Kit for XTX-200 (FSR)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jhnmdahl

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone sell a DIN-to-yoke conversion kit that will work with my XTX200? I've seen a handful of yoke-to-DIN conversion kits, but none the other way around. Thanks,

John

an aqualung/apeks dealer can get you the parts. it isn't usually sold as a kit since the demand is low.

you will need ap1403 (yoke clamp), ap1407 (yoke clamp connector), ap1404 (ball cap), ap1406/1 (filter guard), and ap1402 (yoke screw)

you can also see if anyone is selling the parts used from converting their reg to din.

Last edited:
What you have to do is get the yoke assembly and replace the DIN. Parts are listed above. This can be a bit costly. A friend of mine wanted to change out his reg, but decided to forgo the change and bought a DIN to yoke adapter.

Talk to DRIS. If you order a reg and the din conversion, they will often install before shipping. It is possible they may have the resulting yoke parts in the shop and you might be able to get a price.

Not a bad idea - I'll be in Chicago in April, and may check with them then. It's becoming clear that if I want both I should have ordered the yoke version and a din conversion kit. Now I know for when my wife needs a reg set...

Why would you need yoke. Everyone is going to din. It's cheaper to change valves on bottles than buy this conversion. I recently bought the yoke to din kits for my Apex DST's. and am not sure if I wanted to keep my yoke's I have 3 of them.

Btw, installing the kit does it require the full disassembly of the first stage?
As in service manual remove yoke/din connection is always the last step in disassembling the first stage.

Can I just unscrew it and install conversion kit on its own, without doing the whole overhaul of the 1st stage?

yes you can take the yoke off and install the din without any other disassembly of the first stage.

yes you can take the yoke off and install the din without any other disassembly of the first stage.

actually i was thinking to do the reverse. i have DIN version now, but as in Japan there no DIN tanks except some rare tech shops, i want to convert them to Yoke, as using adapter is not convenient. and it also put 1st stage too close to my head all the time....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom