Din to Yoke Adapter - Best Buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
SB,

I just bought my first two set of DIN regulators, two sets of MK25/S600s. This will also be my first "hands-on" experience with a DIN regulator.

I would like to buy and keep as a part of my kit a DIN-to-Yoke Adapter.

Is there an adapter I should get?

Is there an adapter I should stay clear of?

Any input is greatly appreciated...Thanks.

~Oldbear~

Why not buy a yoke kit and swap it when traveling? Personally I hate the extra length of an adapter.

Any brand of adapter will work, and the cheaper the better. Scubapro's own adapter is just their yoke fitting with a DIN attachment on it and the highest quality I have seen. Bummer you just missed one in the for sale section.

Why not buy a yoke kit and swap it when traveling? Personally I hate the extra length of an adapter.

I did this for a while and it works well enough if you have the right tool. That is a thin walled yoke socket. Trying to remove the yoke nut or assembly with wrench is asking for trouble as they often slip and mar the brass. Here is the socket:

1" Yoke Nut Socket

Any brand of adapter will work, and the cheaper the better. Scubapro's own adapter is just their yoke fitting with a DIN attachment on it and the highest quality I have seen.

I disagree with getting the cheapest as often the threads are typically cast, not cut. Cast threads can be of variable quality and always below that of cut threads. Poor threads can cause unnecessary wear especially on parts that regularly screwed on and off such as an adaptor. For one shot assemblies it is not a big deal to use cast threads. So with that in mind buy a quality adaptor though often the ones made for a large brand reg mfg. are more expensive than they should be.

. So with that in mind buy a quality adaptor though often the ones made for a large brand reg mfg. are more expensive than they should be.

But if you buy a first stage, two second stages, a BCD and computer at the same time, your yoke-DIN adapter will have a lifetime warranty for parts :D

Ebay, but don't be in a hurry. They are just not worth more than $30.

Reactions: Jax
But if you buy a first stage, two second stages, a BCD and computer at the same time, your yoke-DIN adapter will have a lifetime warranty for parts.

Yeah, I hate replacing all the rubber bits on my adaptor. It takes forever :D.

Don't know about quality, but I used a Poseidon adaptor with my old Mares Mr12dfc first stage. It got old very quickly, having the first stage stab your neck. I know it's a bit more expensive, if you have to pay labor. However, consider what Peter_C recommended. If you have multiple regulators, then have one yoke and the other as DIN.

Don't know about quality, but I used a Poseidon adaptor with my old Mares Mr12dfc first stage. It got old very quickly, having the first stage stab your neck.

So if it really is that much of a bother, turn your tank 180 degrees and swap your primary, octo and inflator hoses. . .

Maybe take you 5 minutes the first time. . .

If you really are old enough, then you can start enjoying some of the advantages and benefits of those plentiful years like the arthritis that is starting to limit your flexibility so that you can't put your head back far enough to hit your head on the first stage even with the extra inch of the adapter. Of course that means you have to sit down and scoot back a bit to finish a can of beer. Life is good.

Back
Top Bottom