DIN plugs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSixString

Contributor
Reaction score
All,

I have an Aqualung Titan LX with a yoked first stage.
I am planning on converting it to DIN down the road a bit, but in the mean time, have any of you had any experience with DIN to yoke plugs. 200 bar manifold ( i heard they cant be used on the 300 bar versions).

Thanks

You mean an "insert" not a plug? It is only for 200bar DIN valve, not 300 bar. The number of thread is different....

hoosier:
You mean an "insert" not a plug? It is only for 200bar DIN valve, not 300 bar. The number of thread is different....

*hangs head*

Yeah.... inserts is what i meant. Any problems with leaks or anything like that?

No, I don't have any problem with 200 bar... Even I put 4000 psi on the tank through the insert. The o-rings show the starts of detorioration though. Here are some pictures of mine.

ScubaSixString:
*hangs head*

Yeah.... inserts is what i meant. Any problems with leaks or anything like that?

hoosier:
No, I don't have any problem with 200 bar... Even I put 4000 psi on the tank through the insert. The o-rings show the starts of detorioration though. Here are some pictures of mine.

EEEEP!!!

Is this the extrusion they speak of for the reason on requiring DIN for HP valves?

Yes..... Yoke can't hold it.... Another failure point!

ScubaSixString:
EEEEP!!!

Is this the extrusion they speak of for the reason on requiring DIN for HP valves?

ScubaSixString:
EEEEP!!! Is this the extrusion they speak of for the reason on requiring DIN for HP valves?
hoosier:
Yes..... Yoke can't hold it.... Another failure point!
I don't think this is extrusion... Extrusion, as I understand it, is when the o-ring pushes out past the metal flange(s); if you're lucky, the o-ring may just stretch and not be damaged.

Hoosier, is that fuzzy stuff actually o-ring material? Are your o-rings being somehow abraded? Except for installing and taking off, these aren't dynamic o-rings...

And why, exactly, are you using 4000 psi with a yoke? :11: :D

SSS, you should be fine with the inserts for now, with a 200-bar valve. Only weak point is the o-rings -- compared to a yoke valve, you have an additional o-ring (failure point) with inserts ... If the insert is kept in the valve, you have one o-ring exposed, like with a yoke valve. But if you take the insert out and keep it elsewhere, you have both o-rings potentially exposed. Keep spare o-rings!

Oh, and don't forget to pack an appropriate hex key wrench.

--Marek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom