Din or yoke connection?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As others have said you can't go wrong going DIN with a yoke adapter. I changed to DIN when I got my steel HP tanks (even though they have convertible valves). When using yoke tanks with the adapter I have never had the issue of hitting my head with the reg. It really only sticks out 1 inch more max.

If you dive your own tanks that are convertible or DIN than DIN is the way to go. I went DIN after buying HP tanks and have been happy ever since. Oddly my dive buddies are starting to switch as well.
It's nice when you are setting up gear and nobody says "hey anybody got an o-ring".
Also even if you are not tech getting rid of the yoke knob from behind you head definitely cuts down on tangles with the dive flag.

If you rent tanks definitely go yoke. Maybe buy the DIN conversion and put it in the closet until you get your own tanks.

Good advice fl-diver!

Back
Top Bottom