Din Inserts...Scubapro vs. Thermo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crawford

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a 200 bar Scubapro manifold on my double 104's I just bought, and while shopping for DIN regs, I want to get some shallow practice dives on the 104's using my yoke regs. Will the DIN inserts on my Thermo H-valve work onthe Scubapro manifold? I want to get a warm fuzzy before I take the allen wrench to it and start to carefully thread one in. They look exactly the same.

They should... they'll definitely thread in, the thing you have to check for is if they cover the outlet inside the valve, compare the location of the outlets on both manifolds before you try. Since SP uses a unique manifold they might not work, but I'd bet they will.

.........well, I have the same SP manifold (twin LP steel 76's), an OMS manifold ( twin LP 85's ) and 5 Beuchat "Y-valves" , plus several PST tanks with Thermo valves.........all 232 bar with the 'inserts', and I use the DIN inserts interchangably...there's no functional difference....just take your time and don't cross-thread anything during installation.

Karl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom