Din conversion kit? Does it work on non-Zeagle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, main reason to stay away from Oceanic.

Btw, I remember that my LDS told me that it could be converted to DIN, however, you would loose the DVT. So not sure whose right out whose wrong but I did get my solution. I.e. to stay away from the brand.

D

I love Oceanic gear, most of it is great, but it's not a technical line. Hollis is Oceanic's tech line.

I love Oceanic gear, most of it is great, but it's not a technical line. Hollis is Oceanic's tech line.

You've got to be joking right? Next thing you are going to say is that there are special everything for night diving, deep diving, etc.

The only thing that my LDS and oceanic achieved by selling me a "recreational only" regulator is to ensure sales as my diving evolves.

That is plain unethical.

If my LDS had sold me something like an "envoy" I simply would have bought a second reg and aDIN conversion kit worth 30.

IMO there are constant examples of how that brand fails to act in the best interest of their customers by introducing "special" parts that trigger sales at a later date.

Sorry conned once but not twice.

D

You're missing the big picture and how Oceanic and Hollis evolved.
People want comfort/ease. That's the purpose of the Oceanic FDX-10 and a 2nd stage that has a swivel. Comfort in the swivel, ease in not having to worry about regulator getting water inside of it because of the DVT valve.

Now, i'm a cave diver, do I give a rats but about the swivel or the DVT valve? Of course not. But thousands of people like that crap.

Oceanic is trying to appeal to a larger demographic than just the cushy froo froo need a swiveled regulator and dry valve 1st stage. That's where Hollis comes in. No one ever associates Oceanic with Tech gear, no one ever will, and that's why Hollis was born.

With that said. Oceanic's gear, while not technical in nature, is very solid gear. It lives well, there's an excellent warranty, and Oceanic has great customer service. For open water, non-technical gear, it's affordable, comfortable and long lasting. Which is exactly how they wanted it.

We'll from my point of view the DSV is nothing but a gimmick. The only way of knowing that its pressurised is by pressing on the valve. Which in itself defeats the purpose of the DSV.

I know plenty of divers that got hooked on that reg on the basis of being dry and later found that it was rusted. Again increasing sales. Of course none of them received a disclaimer letting them know that if their diving changes in any way shape or form they are up for a brand new set of gear.

I just won't deal with them and can't feel but sorry for the unaware newbie diver looking for "comfort and ease"

Just my two cents.

That's interesting. I've never had rust inside a DVT regulator. For that matter, i've never had rust inside ANY regulator. LOL

There's no iron in a regulator. Parts are made with Brass and Stainless steel. Without Iron, there can be no rust. Now, I've seen lots of regulators with corrosion caused by water intrusion or by poor use/maintenance. But, I've never seen a failed DVT yet, and I'm certain i've done more service overhauls on Oceanic DVT regulators than than you have.

Anyway, I'm done arguiing who's got the best gear. Oceanic works just fine, for what it was intended.

Not to derail your thread...but....

Zeagle makes regs that can be used for technical and/or recreational diving....and they can be easily converted to either yoke or DIN!!!

I'm just sayin...

:D

Scott

Zeagle makes regs that can be used for technical and/or recreational diving....and they can be easily converted to either yoke or DIN!!!

I'm just sayin...

Scott

I'm seriously considering picking up a flathead7 for my next reg set. My experience with Zeagle/Pinnacle service and products has been nothing but exceptional :)

I'm already diving a brigade and waiting for my Evolution2 to get here.

I'm just sayin...

Scott

I own 4 zeagles, and 2 Oceanic regs. There is a reason my Oceanics are setup as pool/travel regs, and my Zeagles are setup as doubles/stage/deco/ice regs. :D

P.S. Scott, is there still a picture of my dog by the time clock at the Zeagle factory when he was a puppy?

Jim

That's interesting. I've never had rust inside a DVT regulator. For that matter, i've never had rust inside ANY regulator. LOL

There's no iron in a regulator. Parts are made with Brass and Stainless steel. Without Iron, there can be no rust. Now, I've seen lots of regulators with corrosion caused by water intrusion or by poor use/maintenance. But, I've never seen a failed DVT yet, and I'm certain i've done more service overhauls on Oceanic DVT regulators than than you have.

Anyway, I'm done arguiing who's got the best gear. Oceanic works just fine, for what it was intended.

English may not be my first language but I recon that you perfectly understood what I meant.

I find hard to believe that you have NEVER seen a "corroded" reg with a DVT valve.

Since you service them and I presume sell them I presume you have commercial interests in defending the brand. So, yes, happy to stop arguing, however I still find funny that you have stated that you wont "dive" what you sell.

As Scott said, other brands can be taken deep or shallow, recreational or tech and work the same. That is my problem with oceanic. Once I advanced in my diving I had to buy again and that's not cool. It's not cool because that "special focus" of oceanic wasn't disclosed to me when I bought the gear, was starting on the sport and knew nothing about gear.

If it had been disclosed to me I would have the chance to pick a reg that would continue to work as my diving progressed.

I don't care what else you want to put forward as being great gear.

Back
Top Bottom