DIN adapter for Aqualung Conshellf XIV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you please expand on that? Where can they be located? I know several (actually a bunch) of divers that would be interested on locating an actual Conshelf DIN adapter.

Thanks
I am a US Aqualung dealer. The Conshelf XIV itself is only available to military accounts, not the full dealer network. I suspect I can order the Conshelf XIV conversion kit, but can’t say for sure because of that. US dealers can order non-military kits for service, but not the military versions.
Do not assume military kits are better - they just use the older parts that were in place when the item was tested and approved. When a manufacturer transitions to a better 1st or 2nd stage diaphragm, or a different HP seat or backup ring, they would have to start from scratch for military approval. Those improvements are why Aqualung US now says overhaul cycles are 2 years on non-military regulators rather than the 1 year cycles on the old versions.
The US dealer B2B site says the DIN kit is in stock.

I am a US Aqualung dealer. The Conshelf XIV itself is only available to military accounts, not the full dealer network. I suspect I can order the Conshelf XIV conversion kit, but can’t say for sure because of that. US dealers can order non-military kits for service, but not the military versions.
Do not assume military kits are better - they just use the older parts that were in place when the item was tested and approved. When a manufacturer transitions to a better 1st or 2nd stage diaphragm, or a different HP seat or backup ring, they would have to start from scratch for military approval. Those improvements are why Aqualung US now says overhaul cycles are 2 years on non-military regulat
Or should I have just said ship them to me and I’ll do it?:wink:

Or should I have just said ship them to me and I’ll do it?:wink:
I did some research for another poster, here is what I have found:
Conshelf first stage is same basic design with a few minor variations since 1978. Only military version parts are restricted, sport diver version parts are not. Conversions are still available between yoke/Din, and standard/Supreme. Supreme for cold water can be dry or oil filled. The sport oil is more viscous than the military oil. I would NOT recommend oil version unless you have your heart set on it - added cost and hassle, plus the oil is for air use only - no nitrox. None of these options are cheap, and it is after all a 40 year old design. But if you REALLY want to pursue something, I can order the parts and do it. PM me.
BTW - Both Conshelf 21 and 14 are same first stage, with possible variations already described. Difference is plastic 2nd stage on 21.

I have a DIN Divers Conshelf SEA that I'd be willing to part with for the right price. Also have a couple other good parts available.

DIN US Divers Conshelf SEA $100

Yoke SEA2/Micra $40 (I have 2)

Yoke US Divers Conshelf 14 $35

All in good servicable condition.
Shipping available. Post your zip and I can get you a quote.

PXL_20240322_225000564.jpg

PXL_20240322_224929761.jpg

PXL_20240322_224938538.jpg

Do not assume military kits are better - they just use the older parts that were in place when the item was tested and approved. When a manufacturer transitions to a better 1st or 2nd stage diaphragm, or a different HP seat or backup ring, they would have to start from scratch for military approval. Those improvements are why Aqualung US now says overhaul cycles are 2 years on non-military regulators rather than the 1 year cycles on the old versions.
The US dealer B2B site says the DIN kit is in stock.
Hi, do you know if the Apeks DIN Converter kit fits the Conshelf XIV first stage ? (As I have a few Apeks DIN converters spare; AP1470 & AP1471 - is the tube with thread) Plus it looks cool - all metal to match the XIV perfectly. Images of them both (the thread end) indicate it might fit

Hi, do you know if the Apeks DIN Converter kit fits the Conshelf XIV first stage ? (As I have a few Apeks DIN converters spare; AP1470 & AP1471 - is the tube with thread) Plus it looks cool - all metal to match the XIV perfectly. Images of them both (the thread end) indicate it might fit
It will not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom