Digital

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Johnb57
OK, I did it, I purhased the 3040 and I'm ording the Olympus PT-010 housing. The only problem is the camera eats bateries. I can only get 10 pictures with the flash and view screen on. Is this normal. If so, this is unaccepatabele. (Do I have a defect?)

Electronics are known to eat regular batteries.

I use NiMH 1800 rechargeable batteries in the camera. I get 2 dives (75 pics/HQ) on a set of batteries. I could get more but I don't push it. I have the the view screen set for ON but I use the AEL/monitor button on the back of the camera to turn it off and on between shots. It only takes a second to turn back on and I haven't lost any shots yet.

With 3 sets (4) of rechargeable batteries, I have one in the camera, 1 set ready to go in, and 1 set in the charger. I have a MAHA C-204F Smart Charger. It's fast and maintains the battery life. Check this site, to learn all about rechargeable batteries.

Dee and Finesse, thank you both for your replies. I am using the Ni-MH 1700 mAh rechargable batteries with an Olympus charging unit. May be either one is defective or maybe a problem with the camera. I'm taking it back to the camera shop where I purchased it this weekend. They are great on customer service so I feel confident they will resolve the problem. Glad to hear 10 pics is not normal.

Thanks again.

John

Hey John

Thats odd....and I'm sure your more than frustrated with your predicament ..... just bear in mind that when its all ironed out, the camera , as you may all ready be aware, takes great pics....

Please let us know what you find out .......

Have you taken a voltmeter to the batteries to make sure they are getting their full and appropriate charge?? Just a thought

That site that Dee posted has alot of good info in it...and that charger looks real nice also!!

Scott

Originally posted by Johnb57
Dee and Finesse, thank you both for your replies. I am using the Ni-MH 1700 mAh rechargable batteries with an Olympus charging unit. May be either one is defective or maybe a problem with the camera. I'm taking it back to the camera shop where I purchased it this weekend. They are great on customer service so I feel confident they will resolve the problem. Glad to hear 10 pics is not normal.

Thanks again.

John

Scott has a good suggestion. Check the charge on your batteries. I don't know anything about the Olympus charger but some batteries have to be conditioned before they'll hold a full charge.

I've got a set of Olympus rech. batteries that last the longest of any brand I've got. I'd guess it's most likely a battery problem but have the camera checked just in case.

Let us know...

Dee and Scott, thanks for your suggestions. Fortunatly I think the problem is solved. I tested it again tonight and was able to take 60 flash pictures with LCD screen on. I was spending a lot of time making adjustments and checking things out and didn't realize how much that drains the battery

Now I can't wait for the housing to come so I can try it out under water. So far I'm really pleased with the results above water.

Thanks

John

When I first got mine I sat down with the manual and all these notes I'd been taking on which setting to use. I'd turn it on, set a thing or two, turn it off, read some more, turn it back on.....etc. I couldn't believe how fast the batteries were running down!

Back
Top Bottom