Digital Lens Dock Mounting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rad21

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently received my DLD from www.gbundersea.com and since I do not have a strobe arm, Greg was kind enough to research and recommend a mounting location on my Ultralight handle www.ulcs.com using 316 SS bolts, lock washers and washers. Here are the photos

That's a great idea! Thanks for the pix.

Dee,
Isn't there another dock/leash system also?

Joe

That's the same one I have....I have mine tightened on with tie wraps and one poped open. Yours seems much more secure....but where do you put the strobe?

scubajoe:
Dee,
Isn't there another dock/leash system also?

Joe

You mean other than this one from gbundersea.com? Inon has a double lens holder but it has threads and you have to screw the lenses onto it and it has no leash system.

IMHO, the DLD is the best way to go.

Lisa....Rad mentioned he doesn't have a strobe arm so I assume he doesn't have a strobe yet either. :wink:

Dee:
Lisa....Rad mentioned he doesn't have a strobe arm so I assume he doesn't have a strobe yet either. :wink:

I was thinking when it gets that far...lol

It will depend on which arm he uses but there are several ways to mount the DLD to any arm system.

Dee:
It will depend on which arm he uses but there are several ways to mount the DLD to any arm system.
Dee is correct. When I get a strobe and arm I will move the DLD to the arm mount. I did not want to build a bracket just to hold the DLD, so for now it is mounted atop the handle where the strobe arm will eventually go. I'll see how the WA shots look without a strobe. I am just trying to keep my UW rig simple(no strobe) until I improve my techniques and knowledge of the 5050 before investing in a strobe.

Back
Top Bottom