Differences between the SS1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abstract

Registered
Reaction score
What are the difference between the SS1 regulator and the titanium version? The site states some of the parts on the SS1 are stainless and titanium, so I assume the titanium version has all the stainless as titanium? If so what parts on the regular version are stainless vs titanium?

both are a waste of money, the titanium one even more so? The barrel and connects are titanium on the titanium version, but unless you travel and need the ounces, it isn't worth the money. Just buy a matching second stage, it's much safer/better

I'm pretty sure they mean the ST1 regulator vs. the T3?

between the SS1 regulator
Not sure at all but I'd call the SS1 an octo not a regulator. And I know there's a Ti SS1.

Have to wait for the OP I guess.

Not sure at all but I'd call the SS1 an octo not a regulator. And I know there's a Ti SS1.

Getting off topic but an octo is a regulator. Regardless if it combo inflator/octo or std. octo. There is a first stage regulator (~3000psi -> ~140psi) and a second stage (~140psi -> ambient). I took the OP question like tbone's interpretation.

There are two different versions of the SS1. A stainless steel and a titanium. Key components are machined of type 316 stainless steel OR titanium.
What are the difference between the SS1 regulator and the titanium version? The site states some of the parts on the SS1 are stainless and titanium, so I assume the titanium version has all the stainless as titanium? If so what parts on the regular version are stainless vs titanium?

Just to clarify. The SS1 doesn't have a separate 1st stage. Like an octo, it is just a second stage, but with an inflator integrated into it. It attaches to your primary 1st stage.
Getting off topic but an octo is a regulator. Regardless if it combo inflator/octo or std. octo. There is a first stage regulator (~3000psi -> ~140psi) and a second stage (~140psi -> ambient). I took the OP question like tbone's interpretation.

Back
Top Bottom