Difference between Yukon II and TLS350?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyWombat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm shopping for my first drysuit. I dive in Monterey, CA. My instructor recommended the TLS350, but I want to save a few dollars and go with the Yukon II. I gained a bunch of weight in 2020 because of the covid lockdown, so I don't want to spend a lot on a drysuit now.

Right now I'm an XL Short and in 4-6 months I can be a Large Short.

What are the differences between the Yukon II and the TLS350? Any thoughts on saving money now and then getting a made-to-measure drysuit when I'm fit again?

I'll really recommend the ultra flex boots if they're an option. Very comfortable. Have them on my FLX Extreme.

Get the Yukon II.

I have the YukonII off the rack, and a custom made TLS 30/30. The Yukon materials are much less durable but I think I paid like $800 for it.

I've been very pleased with the Yukon. I've used it down to about 40 degree water temps with a 4th Element Halo 3D and it works great.

If you burn thru the Yukon with dives, you'll have learned lots about what you like and don't like.

Back
Top Bottom