Difference between strobe and flash?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sealife sea dragon strobes are also a good match for your dc2000. You might also consider a video/focus light

" I'm pretty certain that it depends on your camera/strobe combo. I use Inons (Z240s, but there's no reason to assume that the S2000s should behave differently) with my Olympus OM-D, and TTL auto has been as painless as it can be. OTOH, I've heard others having issues with the same strobes, but paired to another camera brand."
It isn't a compatibility problem between them but rather the fact that Sealife uses a very different tray/arm system than anyone else and their lights and strobes are designed for that system. You can (and I did) fix up a Nauticam tray to the Sealife housing and further set up both S&S and Inon strobes using the fiber adapter from Sealife but it took half a day of fiddling and finding the right size stainless steel machine screws.

Cheers
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom