Difference between Aqua Lung Titan LX - new & old models??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cruz Cween

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm confused....new diver, but saw the Titan LX reviewed in the June '09 PADI Dive magazine...after phoning the dive shops, they are telling me "we can discount" the "old" model & are telling me that the difference is cosmetic only.
Is this really true?
Thanks!

ask this thread be moved out of the classifieds and into the regulator forum and you'll get better answers.....

I think it's only cosmetic, but will let someone else verify. (they put new plastic covers on the housings.) AL has strict price restraints on it's dealers. In reality I wouldn't let AL tell me how to price stuff I sold, but some shops buy into that "kool aid".

The newer model has a slightly lighter first and second stage. The first stage is smaller, more compact and has a exterior lining to prevent corrosion it also come with ACD technology as standard (ACD - auto closing device) and a new improved diaphram retaining ring has also been added, that is generally about it as far as I can see from playing with it.

ACD has been standard for 2-3 years on AL products.

True statement. Although I believe this is the first time the titan has been released with ACD as standard it was on the legend serious for a few years and was an added extra on the previous titans.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom