Did you take your OW or AOW at Dutch Springs?

Did you take OW or AOW at Dutch Springs?

• Yes.

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • No.

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My son and I both did our OW and AOW up at DS. Was a good, controlled environment and also a lot of fun with the sunken stuff to explore. Although it is not the open ocean, it does present its own challenges such as the cold and unpredictable visibility. It was also a great place to get used to our new gear, as others have mentioned. It's only about an hour and 20 minutes from home, so we've gone up a few times since getting certified and had a great time on each visit (last one was only 2 weeks ago). No, it's not the same as diving in the ocean, but it's convenient, fun, and infinitely better than not diving (or getting rusty).

I also understand that Sue will be running guided tours of the sunken attractions next season :whoop:

cheers,
Michael

I've a ton of diving at Dutch springs. It's a great place to keep your skills honed and become comfortable with new gear in a controlled environment. Vis can be really good or really bad. It does get old after a while though, since you do run out of new things to see. If you feel comfortable, I'd recommend trying a boat dive off NJ if you're looking for new places to dive in the area. There are a ton of wrecks that never seem to get old.

Did both OW and AOW @ Dutch, and have spent plenty of weekend days floating around there in between and since. If anyone ever needs a buddy up there, let me know -- I am less than an hour away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom