Did you shave your mustache to dive??

To have or not to have, the leaking determines the question!

• I have a mustache, leaks a little, I live with it!

Votes: 113 30.9%
  • I have a mustache, I use grease, no leaks that way!

Votes: 13 3.6%
  • I had a mustache, had to shave it off in order to get a good fit.

Votes: 57 15.6%
  • Never had a mustache, my mask never gets wet.

Votes: 37 10.1%
  • Whats a mustache?

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • Have a mustache, found a mask that fits.

Votes: 46 12.6%
  • I trimmed the moustache just below the nose... mask works fine!

Votes: 84 23.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hope you ladies don't have that problem :eek:ut:

Rich :mean:

Originally posted by srkdvr
Hope you ladies don't have that problem :eek:ut:

Rich :mean:

Weelllllll......I've known a few *ladies* who could give you guys some competition!

We don't generally have 'staches.....just stray eyebrows!:eek:

That allowed his nose hairs to grow out and he combed them right into his hugely bushy moustache.....

Talk about a lead hazard....

Oops...better add another poll option: Nose hair moustache will not allow trimming below nose....

:D :D :D

I have a mustache that I ain't trimmin' for nobody, and I have found a few masks such as the Tusa's and scubapro's that don't leak much and some others like the Mare's and Hawaiian's that leak a lot!

Thanks to NetDoc for adding the catagory, just plain forgot. (again)

Trimming a small bit under the old honker, and trying about a dozen different masks, lead me to a few that worked quite well. I still get a tiny amount of leaking, usually when I turn my head and strain to see somthing. However, just as a few of you have found, I also see this as a benifit to keeping a clear lens in colder water.

Originally posted by JT2
I have found a few masks such as the Tusa's

Yes, my first Tusa mask was perfect, the Pano Geo I believe. When that mask broke I picked up a different Tusa, a Platina, which doesn't work as well, but with a good below the nose trimming it works out ok [leaks some]. I actually tried on a Beuchaut at Beneath the Sea, and I got such a wonderful seal that I have to find one!

But the company I work for won't allow anybody to have any facial hair at all. I used to have one for years before. Oh well, small price to pay.

Later, Hawk.

until someone shaved their eyebrows in protest. Too funny!

I got rid of mine 'cause I got sick and tired of it leaking all the time. Now if I can just stop smiling so much... :D The only women I've ever met with this problem were ex East German water polo players:eek: hehehe...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom