Did you miss me ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PePaw

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I know that most of you think I was finally admitted to "in-patient ! But actually I returned from Aruba a couple of weeks ago and have been paying at the office ever since.
I'm finally caught up enough to drop in and say hello ! If anybody wants to know about my Aruba adventures...

I stayed at the Playa Linda and have no complaints. 6th floor, fabulous views of the ocean from the back and the Palm Beach strip and town from the front.

Food....LOVED Smokey's ribs. Ate there for two dinners and a lunch. Also La Petite was nice. The Pelican's Nest on the water was wonderful for seafood and sunsets. They also make a mean Hurricane !

We spent the week diving with Clive and Dive Aruba.
If you want to dive with a friend where you'll feel more like family than customers after a couple days, then Dive Aruba is for you.

He runs a small six-pack boat. Is your Captain, DiveMaster, a one man dynamo. On drift dives he will leave you halfway and go and fetch the boat. I loved that he lets you dive your own air and computer. So make sure you're comfortable with your abilities or you're with a good buddy.

Dove all the better known sites, Antilla, Debbie II, Pilot Boat, Jane C and Sonesta Airplanes.

Aruba has FABULOUS reefs. Very healthy with lots of the smaller schooling fish. Didn't see any big animals. Parrot fish, sea turtle and a Grouper in the 4-5 ft. catagory were the largest. Of course lots of Lizard fish, eels, etc.
Of special interest was the "camo"crabs and the Giant Sea Star.

Vis was about 60ft. bottom temp at 82-84 !

Can't wait to get back.
And for what it's worth, i'll never dive with another dive op.

But if I can't be in Aruba, i'll settle for hanging out with you Dixie Divers !

PePaw I'm glad you made it back safe and sound.....well safe anyway...:D

Good to have you back. You should have brought some 80 degree water home for us.

You can say that again !
I'm wanting to head to a quarry this weekend.
But just thinking about breaking out the "5 and Hood" makes me very undecisive !:wink:

And yes....i'm a wuss !:lotsalove:

You can say that again !
I'm wanting to head to a quarry this weekend.
But just thinking about breaking out the "5 and Hood" makes me very undecisive !:wink:

And yes....i'm a wuss !:lotsalove:

We will be at Marthas on Saturday. One of my Divemasters lives in Clarksville so it must not be that long of a drive.

The water should be fairly warm still, but it still had a thermocline last month (and every other month I have ever dove there). :D

You are welcome to join us if you would like.

Britt, I might take you up on it.
If I come...what will you be driving so I can look out for you ?

I will be in a Blue Dodge Durango.

When you get to the gate, tell Fred your with Better Diver then link up with me. He charges $30 at the gate, but its $20 if you pay through us.

I look forward to meeting you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom