Did ya'll Local Yocals Hear About The Superferry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Maybe it was in the paper or something while I was away...

Anyway one of the Coasties says they flunked their inspection because the gas tanks are not configured right. You have to be able to isolate them, access them, etc. So...they are having to install hatches etc.

Gossip...but better than nothing.

I was kind of planning on being on that thing by now.

KrisB sure was right about the $$$ way more than they said, little bait and switchers

It will die a slow expensive death. Enjoy it while it lasts!

That's too bad... I've been using the ferries up here in WA quite a bit... I was looking forward to using the Super Ferry before I left the Island. Of course the rental car companies and airlines will probably get it shut down before anything else.

You'll really like it!

We had it here for a while until the company went broke and sold it to you guys. :D

It's really fast!

Terry

catherine96821:
Maybe it was in the paper or something while I was away...

Anyway one of the Coasties says they flunked their inspection because the gas tanks are not configured right. You have to be able to isolate them, access them, etc. So...they are having to install hatches etc.

Gossip...but better than nothing.

I was kind of planning on being on that thing by now.

KrisB sure was right about the $$$ way more than they said, little bait and switchers

1 adult 1 child with car.

$311.16
is your total price for this voyage Voyage Summary

Depart Route Vessel Arrive 9/5/2007 11:00 AMMaui, Kahului / Oahu, HonoluluAlakai9/5/2007 2:00 PM9/6/2007 6:30 AMOahu, Honolulu / Maui, KahuluiAlakai9/6/2007 9:30 AM Pricing Summary

Description Price Qty Total Departure Voyage Adults46.87146.87Infants (Under 2)14.06114.06Car or SUV (up to 17' long)51.56151.56Fuel Surcharge Adult (?)14.44114.44Fuel Surcharge Infant (?)4.3314.33Fuel Surcharge Car or SUV (?)15.88115.88Advance purchase discount-4.741-4.74Web booking discount-2.841-2.84 Return Voyage Adults46.87146.87Infants (Under 2)14.06114.06Car or SUV (up to 17' long)51.56151.56Fuel Surcharge Adult (?)14.44114.44Fuel Surcharge Infant (?)4.3314.33Fuel Surcharge Car or SUV (?)15.88115.88Advance purchase discount-4.751-4.75Web booking discount-2.851-2.85Taxes and Fees32.06132.06 Total price: $311.16

I got to add up all the incidentals like rental car, parking (or airport shuttle), etc. to get an idea if the cost is at all comparable. Driving on, driving off still sounds a lot better than dealing with airports. Might be worth a bit more $$ for the convenience.

I'm waiting for the Big Island ferry, if we ever get it............

depends on how long you are going for. if it is a day or two not worth it, but for a week it would pay off. car rentals on the big island -- outrageous (when we went it was $89 a day for a mini van) (hilo area)

Web Monkey:
You'll really like it!

We had it here for a while until the company went broke and sold it to you guys. :D

It's really fast!

Terry

I thought this one was custom made for here?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom