did it really happen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
several people have told me of a fishing boat that went down just west of diamondhead light house out by the red marker just before the bend where that little park is. well i cant seem to find it. I have shore dove that area repeatedly and cant find any signs of a boat going down over there. is the information correct or am i on a wild goose chase?

I doubt anyone with knowledge will tell you on scubaboard.

How deep is it? Less than 100', you have a pretty good idea of where? I might be able to help you find it via side scan sonar.

Yea, when/where (via PM to scubanaddreams and/or me).

The only ones I have heard of is one that caught fire 2 miles offshore in Feb of 2007, but that didn't actually end up sinking and all 5 aboard were also rescued. The other one was about 10 miles off Diamond head and that was a little more tragic.

well according to my sources the boat hit some reef just west of the light house. supposedly it was on the news and the boat was losing its catch so the coast guard hauled it off the reef out to the bouy and let it sink .the water dont get deep out there until your about at the 500 yard marker and i have only seen depths of 23 feet before having to head back to shore. im open for a search for it .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom