Did anyone read this in Undercurrent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divematt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There was an article in undercurrent magazine about which
Cozumel dive operators run cattle boats with very limited bottom
times and which give you personalized service and loads of time
at the best reefs. Can anyone get me a copy of that please?

Thanks

I'd be interested in that myself since I'm off to Cozumel on Saturday. I'd be a little disappointed if the dive shop I'm using is on this 'cattle' list...hehe.

As a long time feature writer for Undercurrent http://www.undercurrent.org/ , if divematt can provide me with the date of that edition I'll see that you both receive a copy of the article.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

When in Coz - see papa hog - check the website for more details, and say hi to mike and linda for me....

http://www.papahogs.com/

they have a six-pack boat that is perfect, small groups, great sites, very experienced.... have not been yet personally (hubby spends so much on gear, not enough left over for trips!) but all of our dive buddies highly recommend it!!

Laura

I'm not sure what issue it was in, but in an ad to purchase Undercurrent, this was brought up. I'd certainly subscribe to Undercurrent if I could find this article as I just got off of a cattle boat in the Dominican Republic when diving with Scubafun. Imagine a 28 foot boat with 13 people!

My, that is a shame about Scubafun. I dove with them back in March of this year, and in fact wrote a feature trip review on it for the June '03 issue of Undercurrrent. The max during my week was 7 divers. Thirteen people on their 28'er is ridiculous.

Anyway, I'll root around and see if I can locate what you are referencing. Seems I can recall it as well, just don't remember where.

In the meantime, small personalized ops on Coz include Blue XT Sea (tell Christi that I sent you), Deep Blue (tell Debby that I sent you) & Dive With Martin (tell Martin that I sent you). For small & personal with oversized tanks for really long bottom times check out Aldora (tell Dave that I sent you) and Liquid Blue (tell Michaela that I sent you. Be seeing her myself in 10 days).

Hope this was helpful.

DocVikingo

"MAGARET"? Who's "MAGARET"? I'll bet Mike's wife "MARGARET" would like to know, too.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Do you know which dive operator goes out of El Cid, La Cieba hotel and how are they? I know an instructor who likes to stay there and raves about Cozumel and this place. I could dig around and find this out somehow, but you guys may already know.

Thanks a bunch,
I'm going there for a week in March, do you favor one over the other two?

Matt

Yes, onsite is Del Mar Aquatics and I do not recommend them given your preferences.

Makes no difference, however, as all of the ops I recommended will pick you at their dock.

Yes, I have a favorite, but then I'm an extreme diver who has been going to Coz for over 20 years.

For you, I'd recommend Blue XT Sea. Tell Christi that I said, "Hola."

Have fun.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom