Did anyone read this in Undercurrent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice read Doc! Ironshore could really be a problem in heavy surf. I sampled a couple of margharitas and tried the swimming on the far side of Coz. The undertow was scary. I'll stick to wading!

Good read DocV.

Now you see, that's what I'd call an advanced dive. With the proper discussion/dive plan, and going with the appropriate people, I'd do this dive in a minute.

I'd REALLY hate the surface swim, possibly more than dumping my gear in the drink (over turned boat).

How are ya gonna become a better diver by doing what you are 100% comfortable with? Step out a bit at a time, with the proper training and experienced people.

Hope to dive with ya Doc...someday.

scubafanatic once bubbled...
If I had to choose between them I'd go with Liquid Blue Divers......with the steel HP 120's you get substantially more bottom times......I was usually about to run out of air at about the same time the divers with the most conservative dive computers were entering deco, so we called the dives at that point.

Karl

Hi,

I gotta tell ya that before I went to Coz this summer I was planning on using the services of a charter with the larger tanks, but unless you are a heavy breather it may not get you any extra bottom time without Deco. Looking back at my logs most of my dives were 1 hour in length with some shallower dives in the 75 - 80 minute range. 2 dives were deco dives (according to my Sunnto Vyper). I never surfaced with less that 300 psi. I dove with "Dive With Martin" and was very pleased. And I found that after a couple dives, I did not need the extra air. Just a thought for those heading down. I was so relaxed that after a few dives I could have fallen asleep on the safety stop!! All the same have fun all. I loved it down there.

Jimi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom