DGX now stocking Apeks Parts Kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know why you can't get them in the States but you can order parts from countless shops in Europe and shipping isn't that expensive either.
Here is one example of a shop that stocks all kinds of Apeks parts, kits and tools: regulator revision & workshop
Thank you for the link... I will need to review...
Old dog diving ... ( 1980's ) so that is my bag
Apeks (as a brand) is almost as old as me... so there is interest in ( legacy brands... ) however I shy away from the legacy TAX ( ergo $cuba-pro ) my A700 G50v and mk25 mk 2 r195 will be sold when i get back to japan...
Even though I can get service I am paying a premium with Apeks and getting parts for life I will have a yearly trip which will need to happen for service to keep parts for life or I hit the black market for parts and pay top dollar ERGO ($CUBA-pro tax)..
Now HOG DiveRite DeepSix it is all about service depots and or getting certified to service...
this is where the things meet up as long as I do not need to ship gear somewhere to service ( just like in the states you go to your dive shop and you get your gear serviced... ) with the natural 1 week turnaround .... not 2 week 1+ month turn around.. then that is a solution..
This is the solution I need for Japan and Korea... so I am not servicing three sets+ of gear every April as a birthday gift to myself and then buying another reg set to use while all 3+ sets are being sent out for service... or flying back stateside to visit family and use the excuse to service gear was well.

That is why I am sketch on gear as I have been burnt before not looking to be burned again..

//Thoughts or am I acting Crazy?
The problem with Dacor was their products were overly complex and they had many different revisions of the same product. There was not a lot of interest in aftermarket kits because of this. Remember the US is a very litigious society so no LDS will be willing to service a reg without the proper factory kit. Mares did offer a trade-in program and some dive shops seeing the writing on the wall stocked up on service kits. Most Dacor second stages used standard parts so they could have been DIY serviced.

Given that most Apeks firsts use the same kit, there are aftermarket kits available for the DIY servicer. The seconds use standard parts and should be serviceable for a long time. Aqualung/Apeks is a strong brand, I don't see them going out of business anytime soon.

The standard operating procedure of a private equity firm is to buy a company then load it with debt by paying themselves exorbitant management fees. Then they raise prices and complain they cannot stay in business and try to get concessions from employees and suppliers. Then offload the company to another firm to start the process over.

I would not put much faith in parts for life because it stops once you miss a inspection or rebuild. Unless your an avid diver or a pro, chances are you will miss one sooner or later. Its not like the old days where if you miss a rebuild you pay for parts and then re-enter the program.

Remember parts for life is a selling tool nothing more.

The problem with Dacor was their products were overly complex and they had many different revisions of the same product. There was not a lot of interest in aftermarket kits because of this. Remember the US is a very litigious society so no LDS will be willing to service a reg without the proper factory kit. Mares did offer a trade-in program and some dive shops seeing the writing on the wall stocked up on service kits. Most Dacor second stages used standard parts so they could have been DIY serviced.

Given that most Apeks firsts use the same kit, there are aftermarket kits available for the DIY servicer. The seconds use standard parts and should be serviceable for a long time. Aqualung/Apeks is a strong brand, I don't see them going out of business anytime soon.

The standard operating procedure of a private equity firm is to buy a company then load it with debt by paying themselves exorbitant management fees. Then they raise prices and complain they cannot stay in business and try to get concessions from employees and suppliers. Then offload the company to another firm to start the process over.

I would not put much faith in parts for life because it stops once you miss a inspection or rebuild. Unless your an avid diver or a pro, chances are you will miss one sooner or later. Its not like the old days where if you miss a rebuild you pay for parts and then re-enter the program.

Remember parts for life is a selling tool nothing more.
Thank you, you gave me a plan for Japan and Korea :) build my own workbench self service my gear go from there... K.I.S.S. if I am purging the LEAD BRASS and Car tools/hobbies stateside I can afford to add Aquatics/Scuba bench to my HAM/PC/Datacenter lab space.

If the kits can be had aftermarket ..within reason (not $CUBA-pro tax rates) 50~60 USD for 1.00 worth of O-rings then it is of value even if I will need to service it myself..
( my concern is parts after kits moving forward if aftermarket and cannibalism is the game ( so be it ))

Thank you, you gave me a plan for Japan and Korea :) build my own workbench self service my gear go from there... K.I.S.S. if I am purging the LEAD BRASS and Car tools/hobbies stateside I can afford to add Aquatics/Scuba bench to my HAM/PC/Datacenter lab space.

If the kits can be had aftermarket ..within reason (not $CUBA-pro tax rates) 50~60 USD for 1.00 worth of O-rings then it is of value even if I will need to service it myself..
( my concern is parts after kits moving forward if aftermarket and cannibalism is the game ( so be it ))

SP use standard easy to source O rings. Seats will be available till end of humanity.

First stage kits a bit trickier, but again O rings no real issue, stock up on seats and diaphragms and you're good to go.

Thats what I've been doing.

Or buy one model first and second stage and buy a bunch of kits.

I'm in the end zone of my living life, figure only need about 5-10 kits and I'm good. That's not a big outlay. YMMV🙏🏻

Back
Top Bottom