DFW LDS and OMS Slipstreams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIXXERVI6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know of a LDS in DFW that carries the OMS slipstreams in stock? I love my turtles and jets but these things have my attention due to what I believe is a stiffer blade, does anyone know if they are positive or negative? I've thought of trying to modify my turtles to make them stiffer but if these things fit and are stiffer, they might fit the bill

My slipstreams are slightly positive, as far as a Dallas shop is concerned I can't help you. I got mine at Austin Aqua Sports.

www.escubashop.com isn't a DFW dealer, but they do do OMS over the internet. Their prices are extremely reasonable, and they ship anywhere in the country. Their phone number is on the website if you try it.

The slip streams are a revamp of the OMS fins.

A friend (overseas) of mine out has a pair and just loves them.
He said that they are considerably lighter than the old rubber brinks and yet are lighter which is benefit for travel. They (OMS) re-visited the rubber compound and updated it.
To my understanding they have the same density and I was told they don’t float. I was told they have the same rigidity as the old planks.
I am interested myself…

Right now I just moved up from Regular Quattro’s to Extra large and we will see how that pays off- larger fin.

SI Scuba will order them for you but they are considered a specialty item and one reason they are not stocked.

Andrew

Crazyduck:
The slip streams are a revamp of the OMS fins.

A friend (overseas) of mine out has a pair and just loves them.
He said that they are considerably lighter than the old rubber brinks and yet are lighter which is benefit for travel. They (OMS) re-visited the rubber compound and updated it.
To my understanding they have the same density and I was told they don’t float. I was told they have the same rigidity as the old planks.
I am interested myself…

Right now I just moved up from Regular Quattro’s to Extra large and we will see how that pays off- larger fin.

SI Scuba will order them for you but they are considered a specialty item and one reason they are not stocked.

Andrew

Yea I'm not suprised about no one stocking them, problem is I don't know their sizing so I don't want to just order them at the risk of not fitting, what I'm really after is a jet style fin that will fit my rock boots, my turtles get the job doen but I want a longer stiffer blade, I saw OMS had those thrust fins as well and they state them to be made for drystuit boots and are extra stiff

The market for us super stiff blade fin lovers is small around here

I was listening on Pod Diver, don't remember the episode but it's fairly recent, and they were talking to a guy from OMS about the fins. He claims they are just slightly positive, lighter and stiffer than the Jet fin. My girlfriend has a pair of the Slipstreams in XL and they are indeed lighter and seemingly stiffer than my XL Jets.

The OMS guy said all sizes except for the XXL fit the same as the Jets. The XXL foot pocket is apparently redesigned but I'm not sure how.

My GF loves them. Plus they are easy to pick out of a pile of Jets while on the boat.

Mine are XL, I use them for diving wet. The foot pocket is definitely a bit narrower than Jet fins. Super light weight and very stiff. I love them.

Damn, well I guess we're going to Florida.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom