DFW Dive Store

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lplace

Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations for the Local Dive Center in the Dallas area for when I move to the area in May. Give me your opinions and I would prefer it to be within an hour of McKinney but not required.

logan

Logan, check out www.scubatoys.com or www.aquaholic.com ,they're the shop I frequent, laid back, easy going and willing to make ya a deal. Also, they're on the northwest side of Dallas at I-35 and Royal lane.
Just my opinion, Kev

CavernQT lives in the Mesquite area....let me give her the heads up that you're needing help and see if she will share info with you on what shop she uses.

Also, when you're ready for technical diving related items, I can recommend the shop/instructors that I am frequenting over in Ft. Worth.

There is Oceans window in Plano. Its a PADI store and a chain. The prices are a little better here but the trips are on the high side. I have been on one of their trips and I had a really good time. You have to make it there at the right time and kinda work to get to know the staff. Some of the staff members are decent people... some appear to just be warm bodied salesmen.

Dive west in Plano. I don't care much for them. I have walked thru the front door and was ignored too many times.

Emerald Sea in Richardson. Good people again. Another PADI store. Owner hates Scubapro and will never carry it. They carry mix, and argon.

All three of these are on or close to 75. This is nothing more than my opinions.

CavernQT uses Aqua Adventures at Park Ln and Greenville in Dallas. She likes them. They have treated her well.

Tom

I don't have a good shop to recommend, but one to avoid is Burleson Scuba Center. Doug Tracy, the owner, is a pretty shaddy guy and I know several people who ordered stuff from him by phone and via ebay and never received their stuff, or it took a long time to get it even after he made promises that it was on it's way. I had to threaten to file charges with the local DA before he sent me my stuff.

Good luck in your search.

Ty

Hi.

I have spent many an hour at Scuba Toys. The guys really are nice and you are free to just wonder around and look. I am sure I have made their rent payment a few times over the past few months!! I like the atmosphere and the prices seem to be pretty decent.

Sandy

Scuba Toys is my hang-out as well as were all my $$$ goes!!
Good prices and will match anyones!!

To give a shop equal time.....

I HIGHLY recommend that all D/FW divers take the time to go see Alec Ranck over at Southern Scuba in Ft. Worth across from the Miller Brewery and the Mrs. Bairds plant on south I-35.

The reasons about why are too numerous to list, but I will say that Alec is VERY knowledgeable in all the different bits of gear that is on the market (including all the manufacturers and models), and you will get an honest answer (and not bashing) to all of your gear questions. One of the biggest things about Alec that I tell other divers is that he will ensure that you are well informed about what type, brand, and model of gear is the best thing for your style and level of diving. And most importantly, WHY the item he is suggesting is the best for what you are doing.

Southern Scuba
6900 South Freeway,
Fort Worth, TX 76134
(817) 568-1055

www.scubatoys.com
Larry Dague is arguably one of the most knowledgable divers I've ever met (BTW- He holds the patent on the Scuba Tool and a quite a few other diving related items).
He and Joe definitely know their stuff, not to mention they've got the best prices this side of Neptune.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom