Dewey Destin photo(s)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kchFLA

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Dewey Destin's - a place for some yummy food.
aerial1.jpg

Birds like Dewey Destin's as well.
Pelicanseating.jpg

Florida scrub - you don't see this much any more.
Lafayeproperty.jpg

Holy resize batman! :D

The secret's out, now the wait time will be even longer :wink:

ok, I need to resize the photos. This was my first time adding photos. I didn't know.

I didn't provide any directions.

I'm just goofin around anyway. Who would take the directions seriously anyway? Take this road, and turn down dark, dirty alley, until it runs into the water. Look for a hideous shack with a pier and ask to eat.

It also doesn't have a license to operate as a restaurant. At least it didn't at the end of June.

Had a cup of gumbo today and boy was it good. Lumps of crab and shrimp. The smoked tuna dip is also really good.

Grouper burger and fried shrimp platters are my favorite :D The hushpuppies are great too.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Holy resize batman! :D

The secret's out, now the wait time will be even longer :wink:

No kiddin Boy Wonder!

I'm glad I just bought a 19" wide-aspect-ratio Flat panel!!!!

Like kchFLA said, a great place to eat. I'm kinda surprised at the pics though.... hmmmmm.....

I've had the fried shrimp (excellent), the "stuffed fried shrimp" (good but a little rich. They wrap it in bacon and fry it), and the "ocean/captains platte" which I wasn't impressed with. They ruined a perfect piece of fresh grouper by battering it in a batter mix that had so much corn meal in it that you couldn't even taste the fish.

I've heard several people say the liked the grouper sandwich, so I'll try it on my next trip down.

The secret must be well kept, how come no one shared it with us last week??Huh?
Where is Dewey's located? Sounds like my kind of place to eat and I will be back on the 18th thru 21st, my hubby and I will be in Destin for the weekend. I am sure he would love the food from the menu you all have been listing.

Oh, and what is the chances of a dive on Sat or Sun at the jetties?

Cindy

You guys were diving pretty early last weekend eh? Its not really a breakfast place :)

I bring it up whenever I'm in Destin anywhere in the vicinity of lunchtime :D

yeah... it's not a breakfast place. I dont think they serve it. They are open for lunch and dinner. I think they might be closed Monday or Tuesday all day though.

it's located here. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...0.39668,-86.499739&spn=0.024209,0.039396&om=1

On Calhoun Avenue. Basically take Hwy 98 like you're going to FWB. Take Calhoun drve, the last road on right before going over the bridge to FWB. On Calhoun, take I think the third 'driveway' on the left and follow it down to the parking area near the dock. ( I think the driveway is right after a trailer park.) If you see some old run down buildings on this driveway as you go down it, you're in the right place.

There might be a "seafood market" sign up near the road.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom